28. I love you

People walked across the street. Some of them in haste; Some walked lazily while some just walked. A few teenagers in uniform walked out from a convenience store, they turned to them and laughed loudly. Cars were honking and on the opposite road, the car sped off like a light.

Two young women walked out of a restaurant and they sat down on the chair under a wide umbrella. They took a sip of their drink and dropped them on the table.

"Oh my gosh!" One of them wailed out, "I'm so tired," she leaned on the chair in tiredness.

"I didn't know this work will be so stressful," the second young woman stressed out.

"Celebrating Eric Westcott's twenty-sixth birthday. It has been a year since Eric appeared on television. After the conference a year ago, he wasn't seen again. AS Entertainment released an official statement that he took a temporal break, the man needed one and he got it. We are looking forward to seeing him again. Once again, happy birthday Eric Westcott."

"So, you are still following on with him," one of the young women gasped in disbelief.

The other lady dropped her phone as she was watching the news; she glanced at her friend, "yes. Even if he is still dating Macy. I'm still a fan."

"After knowing he is dating Macy, I cannot be like the fan I was again. It is awkward. I'll just be a supporting friend," Betsy took a sip of her drink again.

"Still, you are a fan. A supporting friend is a fan," Amie rolled her eyes and picked up her phone.

Betsy joined and rolled her eyes too, she took another sip of her drink and asked as soon as she dropped the glass back on the table, "have you heard from Macy after yesterday's call?"

"Yes." Amie nodded yet with her eyes on the phone. She halted and glanced at Betsy; she was glaring at her. She smiled sheepishly, "she told me to greet you. You were sleeping and she called."

Betsy stretched her hand and slapped Amie on her shoulder, "you could have told me!" She whined.

"Because you have a boyfriend now, you're acting more girly," Amie teased.

Betsy dropped her hand back on the table, "I was always like this."

Amie let out a scoff and sized her; then out of nowhere, she let out a huff, "all my friends are in a relationship and I'm the single one."

"That's because you dated too much back in college," Betsy glance her eyes away from her phone to Amie and continued, "what goes around, comes around," and she looked back to her phone.

Amie hissed irritated yet Betsy ignored her.

"Chaz? Have you heard from him?" Instead, she asked.

Betsy looked up from her phone with a frown, "why would I hear from him? I heard he left the country."

"Geez, why are you angry? Because you had a crush on him before and he didn't like you? Is that why?" Amie teased with a wicked smile on her face.

"I said I don't want to talk about this again," Betsy warned with an irritated look on her face.

"Oh, why~ Because, because you're ashamed?" Amie continued.