Chapter 2

Isobel's P. O. V:

Pegasus and I approach the double oxer at a steady canter. My heart beats fast in my chest as my gelding nears the fence. It seems to grow bigger the closer we get.

When we were before the fence, I nudge Pegasus to jump over it. He hesitates, so I urge him on. This time, Pegasus leaps over it, but crashes right through the poles instead.

I cry out as I tumble off, pain wrecking my body, Pegasus hitting the ground as well.

I jolt up in bed with a soft cry, having tossed and turned all night, as my pink alarm clock goes off. I breathe heavily for a moment before I slam my hand on my alarm clock, shutting it up.

I rub my eyes as I drag myself out of bed. I get dressed in a pair of pink jodhpurs and pink as purple checkered long sleeved shirt with my pink zip up jacket over it. I then tug on my socks and tall black riding boots that have a zipper and buckle on the back before running a brush through my long blonde hair.

 I then tug on my socks and tall black riding boots that have a zipper and buckle on the back before running a brush through my long blonde hair

After grabbing my bag, I head downstairs for breakfast.

🐴🐴🐴

As my dad drives me, mum and my aunt and uncle to Bright Fields, I listen to Taylor Swift's Speak Now album on my iPhone 7, mumbling as I lean against the car window, "I can't believe you're making me do this. I thought I said I didn't want anything to do with horses again."

"We know, honey, but both your father, uncle, aunt and I think it's a good idea for you to come back here."

I heave a sigh and fall silent once more, gazing idly out the window. We live right by the stables and I could see the main yard from my window.

Dad pulls us in the driveway and I see people milling about.

Dad pulls up and we all get out. I see a group of girls and Howard standing by the hitching post that surrounds a patch of grass. I roll my eyes, thinking he must be flirting with them. Especially from the flushed faces of the blonde and girl with straight dark hair.

"Where's Sam?" Mum asks, gazing around.

"Probably in her office," Dad says.

"We'll go and catch up soon, Izzy," Mum tells me.

"Okay," I say and they head for the office while I wander around. I immediately gain the attention of the three girls when the one with dark curly hair, copper skin and dark brown eyes spots me.

"Who's that?" She asks.

"Oh my gosh! That's Isobel!" A blonde girl with blue eyes exclaims.

"Who?" The ravenette furrows her brows.

The second dark haired girl explains, "Isobel Lund! She's an Australian Junior Champion. Howard is the same. Becky and I are both big fans of theirs."

"She's also my cousin," Says Howard, as I approach them.