Chapter 7

Isobel's P. O. V:

I was able to go home the next morning after the incident with the horsenappers. Maggie had called my parents and they'd immediately rushed to the hospital. I didn't get any injuries but Zoe went home with a bruise in the shape of a dinosaur on her left forearm. We'd both passed out after hearing Rosie crying for us and the sound of an ambulance.

I'd been texted by Pun earlier and he'd told me Pegasus was alright and still here.

I'm currently sitting against my pillows, continuing my reread of Black Beauty, after having pancakes for breakfast.

I look up when there's a tap on my window. It comes again and I set my book down before going to open the window, leaning on the seat. Down below, I see Pin on Elvis with Pegasus tacked up beside him.

"Izzy! Want to join me for a ride in the beach?" Pin calls.

"I was going to give Pegasus the day off today after last night," I reply.

"And here I thought you'd want to ride with me? I'm hurt, Iz," Pin says in a feigned hurt tone.

I give him an exasperated expression but I was smiling a second later. "Okay. Give me three minutes." He nods and I pull away to change from my jean shorts to my pink jodhpurs. Im wearing a shirt sleeved pink shirt with three buttons down my chest. I leave only the top one open, my hair in a ponytail. I then tug on my knee high riding boots. I also have on my Ariel necklace and earrings.

 I also have on my Ariel necklace and earrings

Once I was ready, I grab my phone and bag with my pink Nokia headphones in it and face downstairs

"Hey, where are you going in a rush?" Mum asks from washing the dishes.

"Pin's invited me for a ride on the beach," I say while barely pausing.

Dad looks up from the newspaper as he says, "I thought you were having the day off?"

"Yeah, well, Pin just changed my mind," I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

I yank the door open and run around to the back of the house where Pin is waiting for me. I smile back at him as I take my helmet and gloves and put them on before I swiftly mount Pegasus, patting his neck.