Chapter 3

a/n: I cried a little bit when I was writing this. If i made you cry please let me know. This was a little long because I wanted to get in a much as i could:)

You woke up the next morning to Abby singing softly as she is playing with her bunny laying between you and Vinnie. You looked over at Vinnie as he was laying on his back still sleeping. You looked down at Abby and kissed her head whispering, "Good morning babygirl."

She looked up at you and smiled and whispered back, "Good morning mommy."

"Lets go see if Uncle Thomas is awake, maybe he can cook breakfast for us, but we have to be quiet, we dont want to wake up Vinnie okay?" You smiled at her as she nodded. You slowly got off the bed as Abby did the same. Vinnie moved a bit in his sleep, but still faced away from you both. You grabbed her hand and walked to the door opening it slowly as she walked out in front of you. You looked back at him as he turned around and cuddled the pillows still sleeping. You smiled and shut the door quietly as you followed Abby to the stairs as you both walked down together. You heard voices in the kitchen and walked in with her, as Thomas and Mia were cooking breakfast.

"Hey, good morning sunshine." Thomas said to Abby as he picked her up.

"Good morning Uncle Thomas!" She squeezed him hugging him. He smiled putting her on his hip as he cooked eggs.

"You hungry Abby? You want some scrambled eggs?" he smiled at her as she nodded.

"Yes please." he put her down as she walked to the table sitting down next to you and Mia.

After breakfast, you, Abby, Thomas and Mia sat at the table just talking as Abby played with her bunny. All of sudden, the doorbell rang from the front door then a loud knock. You were all startled at the loud bang. Thomas got up as you got up as well. Abby stayed with Mia as she distracted her with playing with her bunny. You and Thomas walked to the door as you both looked out the window and saw 2 police cars in the driveway. You looked back at Abby and Mia, "Mia can you take her upstairs?" She nodded and carried Abby upstairs to her and Thomas' room. Thomas opened the door and looked at the two cops standing by the door.

"Hi can I help you?" he said looking at them.

"Is y/f/n here?" one of the cops said. You stepped into their vision and looked at them.

"Yeah im right here."

"Can you step outside the house please? Do you have anything on you that can be used as a weapon?"

You shook your head and stepped outside the house with Thomas behind you, "Can I ask what is going on here?"

One of the cops hands you a piece of paper and you open it and read it as one of the cops says, "This is a order from the judge stating that a loved one has reported that you physically abuse your daughter Abigail Jean Petrou. Ma'am we are here to take Abigail to our DCF facility to do a full body examination and she will be placed in a temporary home until your court hearing, which is stated in the letter than that is."

You gasp as you start tearing up. You read more and saw his name. 'Tony Oliver v. Y/N Petrou.' You looked up at the police officers and then at Thomas. He looked at you, "What? What does it say?" he takes the paper and reads the same thing you just read and he shook his head running his hand through his hair.

"Is Abigail in there?" You nodded and started to cry, "Okay well, with your permission, we need to take her now, can we come in so we can help you gather her belongings?" You nodded and turned back to walk into the house wiping your tears.

You walked up the stairs and walked to Vinnie's room opening the door, "Her stuff is in here, Im just going to pack it up quick then ill go get her." You walked into his room as the two officers stood by the door. Vinnie was sitting up on his bed as he looked up at you seeing the two cops by his door and shot up out of bed walking over to you.