Chapter 9

warnings: fluff and just overall cuteness, please enjoy. i cried alot throughout this part.

~5 years later

You and Vinnie finally moved in together in your own apartment. Abby is now 10 years old and you were very sad. Your little baby is finally double digits. It was both of your birthday's and you were celebrating at the Hype House with all of your friends and family. You allowed a few of her friends to come over so it wouldn't be such a 'lame' party as Abby likes to put it. You were in the kitchen setting up of the cake. Vinnie walked into the kitchen and walked up to you smiling, "Y/N, you are suppose to be having fun. Mia and Kouvr said they would take care of the cakes. Come on. Go enjoy your birthday." he walked up behind you and took away the plates and knife of you putting it on the counter. You smiled and turned around looking at him.

"I know, but its about Abby today. This is mostly her party, not mine."

"But it is also your birthday babe. You are 25 years old today and you haven't even said hi to anyone here. Everyones been looking for you and here you are in the kitchen with the cakes." he smiled holding your waist.

"Well yeah because again, its Abby's birthday to and this was mostly for her, not me. Ill just celebrate my birthday tomorrow, its fine." you smiled at him putting your hands on his chest.

"Since i do have you alone, there is something i've been meaning to talk to you about." he looked at you.

"Of course, whats up?" you smiled at him.

"So, we've been together for 6 years now and..." he was interrupted by Abby running into the kitchen with her best friend Rebecca. You turned and pulling away from him.

"Mom! Mom! Can we cut the cake now? We want dessert!" she said looking at you and Vinnie.

"Yes we can. Get everyone in the kitchen, ill set up the candles." you smiled.

...

"Happy birthday dear Abby and Y/N, happy birthday to you." everyone cheered as you both blew out the candles on your cakes. You smiled and started to cut the cakes and put slices on plates for everyone. You looked over at Vinnie who was staring back at you, looking like he was lost in his thoughts. You walked over to him and tapped his arm, "You good? You want a slice?" he looked at you and smiled taking the plate.

"Thank you babe."

~1 year later

You and Vinnie were out at a fancy restaurant for your 26th birthday. He wanted it to be . You sent Abby over to her friend Rebecca's house for the night. Towards the end of the dinner you noticed getting nervous. He kept playing with the buttons on his shirt and his leg was shaking. You sipped on you glass of wine and set it down on the table looking at him, "Vin are you okay?" he turned his head towards you and nodded.

"Y-Yeah i'm fine." the waiter came over with the bill and Vinnie handed him his card. The waiter walked away and Vinnie looked at you, "I wanna take you to this place, its right down the street. Its so beautiful i know you will like it." the waiter comes back with the check and Vinnie smiles taking his card back and standing up holding his hand out for you. You take his hand and stand up following him out of the restaurant. "We have to walk, its not that far." you nodded your head and hold his hand walking along side him. You can feel his hand getting all clammy and wet. You pull your hand away and grab his arm holding onto it.

"Are you sure you are okay?" you looked at him as you both walked. He looked over at you as he ran his other hand through his hair.

"Yeah, just glad we can finally spend a night together on your birthday." he smiled and you nodded. As you guys finally made it to the destinationand smiled big, "Vinnie, you know ive always wanted to come here." you walked over to the lights and walked up the steps smiling. It was your favorite place to visit but you never had a chance too. You walked around the lights with him and looked up at the top of them, "Its so beautiful at night." you smiled still holding onto his arm as you both walked through the lights. You noticed that you were the only two in there, which was not weird because it was 11 oclock at night but still a little odd. Once you reached the end of the lights you stood at the top of the steps and looked up at the starry night smiling. Vinnie pulled his arm away as you were amazed at how many stars were out tonight. You heard giggling from in front of you and you looked down and saw all of your friends, Vinnie's parents, Reggie, Abby and her friend Rebecca and you saw your parents there to. You looked confused and frowned, "Vinnie whats-..." you turned to the side to where you thought Vinnie was but you didn't see him, then you looked down and saw him on one knee. You looked at him confused then he grabbed your hand and you frowned because you were oblivious of what he was doing, "Vin whats going on?"