forty three

Jennie wiped her dirty hands on her apron, and then sighed contently. She had just finished her batch of cookies for the Christmas Celebration tonight, and she was more than exicted.

Christmas had always, always been Jennie's favourite festival. The cold weather and the snow made Jennie so happy. And this year, there was another occasion. Her all time idol, was to be celebrating the festival with her. 

She was aware how she smiled throughout the baking process, making ever single detail count. She wanted it to be perfect, and presentable for everyone. She put her heart and soul into it.

And like every other year, their resort was jam packed with people for the holiday season, hence making Jennie a busy person. Yeri and Jennie did their work together, but Jennie preferred working alone, taking her own time.

Yeri walked into the kitchen, eyeing Jennie who put aside a few cookies into a neat jar, and wrapping it with a red bow. The jar looked pretty, and Yeri saw Jennie add a note to it.

"Who is this for?" Yeri spoke up, breaking the silence and startling Jennie. The older almost fell down at Yeri's sudden intrusion, and then smiled back at her.

Yeri picked up one of the cookies from the tray, and tasted it, instantly moaning at the taste. "I love your cookies so much, damn." She said, liking her fingers and enjoying the taste. "Is that box for me?" She asked jokingly.

"Uh, no." Jennie whispered. "It's for Ch- my cousin." she covered up quickly, mentally cursing herself for letting Chaeyoung's name slip. "I didn't buy a Christmas gift for her so I thought I'd give her some cookies."

"GAH DAMN!" Yeri sighed loudly and plopped on the counter next to Jennie. "Next time, forget to buy me a Christmas gift too. I want Jennie's cookies."

"I'll give them to you anyway, Yeri." Jennie smiled, and pointed at the tray. "Help yourself."

Yeri smiled big, and dived it, devouring the beautiful looking and delicious cookies.

Jennie took Chaeyoung's gift and put it in a bag quickly. She didn't want anyone to see it.

Leaving Yeri and the cookies alone in the kitchen, Jennie hastily left the room, running over to Chaeyoung's room.

_______________________________________

Chaeyoung heard the bell of the room ring. She looked at the bathroom door, in which Lisa was taking a shower. Guess she'll have to get the door by herself.

She grabbed her mask, and put on her cap messily and opened the door in a rush. 

She looked out, to see no one. Were there any kids around who just liked to play ding dong ditch? Looking down at the floor, she saw a small bag and picked it up with curiosity. Could it be for her?

When she saw no one claiming it, she took the bag in and revealed it's contents on the bed. It consisted of a small chit with 'Park Chaeyoung' and a lollipop inside. Chuckling at the candy and putting it aside, Chaeyoung picked up the chit.

Hii!!

I'm Jennie, as you've guessed. Just wanted to let you know that you'll be going by the name of Jihyo for your stay here! Just stick to that and try not to mess up hahaha. Also just an advice, dress formal tonight! I'll be waiting for you near the kitchen. See you.

Jennie :))

Something about the note made Chaeyoung smile. Maybe it was the fact that it was Jennie, or that the handwriting was really good. Yeah, obviously, the first one. 

Jennie could've easily just messaged Chaeyoung to tell her about this, but instead she chose to write it down and send it to her, along with a lollipop. That's so fucking cute,Chaeyoung thought, and re read the letter. 

Dress, formal? Chaeyoung had only packed the necessities. From where was she going to get a dress? And now that Jennie mentioned it, Chaeyoung had to, at any cost, wear a dress.

Lisa came out of the shower, drying her hair. "What's up?"

Chaeyoung immediately grabbed her hand, and pulled her down.

"Ouch! What?"

"We're going shopping."

________________________________________________________