Chapter 27:- Fire of Heart

-~*~-

As the owl loom over the dark empty streets, a figure in full black attire hop from roof to roof. Despite her effort to hide the luminist blue shimmering hair, it still makes an appearance. As she stood on top of the northern square candy store, she looked for an opening. Soon enough, she found one, and without dillydallying, she went inside. Stepping carefully on the floor with her boots, she walks down to the main floor swiftly. 

This store is own by Jeremy Porcus. The main floor was used for business, while the top was his residence. As she passes by a drawer, an image caught her attention. Inside stood a man in his 50's and a girl at around the age of 28. This photo seems to be taken recently taken by the look of the frame and the picture itself.

It was the last memory of Uncle Jeremy's daughter before something unexpected happen to her. This reason is the cause of Yanyi's break in tonight. She highly believes that Uncle Jeremy is not the prime suspect. What benefits does he earn if he suddenly kidnapped the children from their home? Besides, in her side of the square, the individual seems more agile than Uncle Jeremy.

She promises him a deal. And she will make it happen...

-~*~-

The day after the missing children case...

Inside the cell of the Kinsel Police Department, it was cold and quiet. The atmosphere is similar to those who can't live anymore. Despite the heavy atmosphere, Yanyi came down for a visit. The criminals were banging on the cell once they saw someone who wasn't in police attire enter. "Silence!" The warden yell, knocking his gun onto the cell as a threat. 

"Let the inmate in cell 1076 out to the interrogation room. I would like to have a conversation with him." Her voice makes Uncle Jeremy in cell 1076 jump in excitement. He looks through the gap of the bars and sees a silhouette of a girl with blue hair exit the door.

Soon, Uncle Jeremy was taken to the interrogation room like Yanyi ask. Because of his old age and cooperative behaviour, it wasn't hard for the officer to escort him. After waiting for around 10 minutes, Yanyi came in, rushing. "Sorry, sorry... I was ... I was running from the inspector... Woooah, okay. Now let's begin."

She asks the officer on duty to leave them some room to talk in private. After confirming that they're completely alone, Yanyi started to ask questions. "You're the suspect of the mass children kidnapping, aren't you. Despite your knowledge of the kids' whereabouts, I refuse to see you as the culprit. Well, the main culprit, of course. You did dirty your hand, so there's nothing I can do about that."

He kept his mouth zip until a question emerges from Yanyi's lips. "You're simply a puppet in this big mess. So, care to tell me why you do it? What do 'they' possess that makes you do their bidding?" His answer was simple yet heart wrecking as well. "My daughter..." The first sentence came out of his mouth after he has been taken into custody.

"I don't know who they are, but they have taken my daughter away from me. I argue with her, and she threatens to run away from the empire entirely. My emotions were like a wrecking ball. I can't think straight and drove her out of my home. I wouldn't have thought that someone would do something so disgusting and threaten me with her safety in exchange for some kids in Kinsel. I refuse at first, but soon my fatherly instinct kicked in, and I felt like she was in great danger."

"Do you have something that could help us to solve and clear your name?" She asks professionally, with no heavy tone inside. He tries his best to remember what the culprit said to him. His head jolted upwards, and he remembers something that he had hidden inside his store. "There's a special compartment inside the cashier desk. I keep all the information I found quite suspicious there. You can go there and search for it."