Chapter 28:- Disobedience for Truth

[This Chapter have a special set of clothes. Go to my notes and click on "Clothes 3rd case" to see]

-~*~-

When the clock strikes 9 in the morning, a person walks through the gate of the building. "Yanyi! That blacksmith is here!" Kazu shouted from the balcony into the living room. After the incident yesterday, they've decided to stay in a pair of girls and boys. Since Irene needs to be at the office, and Luyao needs to continue his works. Yanyi is left with Kazu. He's a valuable piece to ensure the success of negotiating with the former head soldiers.

Yanyi rose from her place and saw Jerad walking inside. With open arms, she invited him inside. Preparing some tea while he takes the looks into his eyes. "My lady has been living in such a luxurious place. I even wonder if my lord is watching you from behind." He said naturally. Kazu is yet to enter as Yanyi wanted to talk to him alone.

"He already is. There's no need for him to watch me with his eyes, so he sent someone, or for a better lack of proper tone. Request someone to watch over me." He has an inkling that Yanyi has already known about the whole situation with the deal. Yet he still paly with the facade of a retired former head soldier. "Did you know who he sent in?"

Placing the tea on top of the coffee table, she smiles darkly towards Jerad. "It was you, Uncle Jerad." She said in a low intimidating tone. With his cover being blown on the spot, he can no longer hide. "All I did was inform your father about your well being. He didn't ask me to drag you back to Ashrin."

"Well, that's because you're no longer working for our family. All that's left are gratitude towards the household. I understand that you'll do what he asks, but you also have the privilege to refuse the request. Observing how loyal you are to my father, highly likely that you'll do it." GUilty conscious fill his heart. He had never wanted to offend any of the family members. But when there's a feud going between them, he was bound to side to choose one.

"I'm not offended by your action. In contrast to that, I respect your decision. I have no right to force you, and right now, I'm not the head of the family. Therefore, it's only right for you to choose my father." The feelings wear off a little. But there's these lingering feelings of guilt and something behind the facade.

"Actually, I plan to make my presence known to the public." Standing on his two feet, he highly refuses this idea. Before he could say a word, Yanyi had already cut him off. "I know. It will greatly damage the family reputation and my public image. But, please note that I'm doing this for a reason. I, umm... I just... ran out of a fire last night." Palm on his forehead, he sighed heavily. Sometimes, Yanyi's behaviour is unpredictable. It's a miracle that Irene is there to make sure she didn't accidentally kill herself.

Taking out the envelope that they obtain last night, Jerad picks it up for a closer look. He was shocked and wanted to tell her, but she had already known his idea. "This is an old logo from the emissaries of Anderil. I know it because I'd encountered them during Ashrin Academy junior banquets five years ago. Their sudden appearance here is what makes me want to show myself. It could be used as a threat. Regarding the false accusation, everyone knew about that."

"So for just one time, Uncle Jerad. Could you please do me a favour and put aside my father's request?" He contemplates for a while. Yanyi knows that he had already made his decision from the moment he recognized the emblem. She knew that he would ask something that she couldn't answer. "What's exactly the reason you're here, my lady?"

"I can't answer that right now. But, I assure you, I didn't plan to have this on hiding for longer than a year. Soon I'll tell everyone. Well, the high noble council, that is." Seeing as she has no intention to hide these whole shenanigans from the emperor, he agreed. He asks about the situation about the family before she was away. Needless to say, she didn't respond.