Chapter 63:- Water Nail Killer

-~*~-

~In the orphanage~

The day has yet to be seen by the showering sunlight. It was around 5:30 in the morning and two people went out of the first-floor bathroom. After ascending the stairs, they saw the on construction bathroom door open. 

Thought ran through their lips, seeking to either take a look or go to bed. In the end, they choose the former suggestion. If something is wrong, they need to inform their big sister and the caretaker as soon as possible. If it was merely the wind, they can forget about it and go to bed peacefully.

Lady luck doesn't seem to be blessing their eyes as they let out an ear-piercing scream. It wakes the rest of the children. Soon, it becomes a circus of a drum breaking piercings. Before long, the caretakers are awoken by all the noises outside.

"What's wrong?" One of them asks the terrified, stoned girls. Their trembling finger pointed to the bathroom. The caretaker then open the door and he saw the most horrendous thing a child can witness.

Laying in the bathtub, her hands and legs nailed to the side of them. The water that was supposed to be crystal clear is bloody red. Her clothing resembles those who had applied to work there.

Someone had murdered a caretaker in the bathroom.

-~*~-

~The next morning~

After receiving a call in the middle of their breakfast, Irene and Kazu rushed to the scene and meet up with the police on duty. "Young Marquess Ryuichi! Sir!" They salute upon seeing them reaching closer.

"What happened here?" He inquires, hands inside the side pocket. He's not too fond of this situation, especially when it had tarnished the eyes of those innocent children. 

They had already taken the statement from each eyewitness. The two children and the male caretaker had already let out their statement. He handed out the files to Kazu and he read them thoroughly.

"Do we need to call in Luyao and Yanyi?" Irene ask when her eyes finished wandering around the playground. It's the safest place and the farthest place they can be at. Seeing everyone huddle together in fear made her blood boil.

Plap!

"They have a pile on their plate. But if we don't have their support right now, this case will be dragged out longer. Let's go!" They went back into the car and drove to the apartment. 

To think that someone dares to commit a crime inside a children's shelter. Whoever is behind this is a madman. Coincidentally when they arrive, they saw a few police cars parked outside of the gate.

They must have some here and informed them about this case. Both rushed to the living room where they saw Yanyi and Luyao consulting with Daniel and Max about the details. "The autopsy report is out already?"

"You would want this to be solved at lightning speed. After Max receives an emergency call at 5:40 in the morning, he brings Daniel out."

"So, what're the results."

No one responded. The look on Yanyi and Luyao's faces just screams the outcome won't be a good one. "We... can't help you in this case." As if they didn't hear the sentence, they let out a "Huh?"

Luyao rested his butt on the dining table, crossing his arms in disdain. Yanyi can't even make a sound to explain what they had gambled on. "Just this morning, before you guys arrive. Those annoying dogs of the Xue came here with a proposal."

"You see, just a few days ago, we made a bet. If they win, they can immediately drag me back without hesitation. If they lose, then they have to find a way to make me leave, gamble, fight, a deal etcetera."