Rumors spread

Charlie trudged his way to school. His parents forced him to since he had exams coming up and couldn't afford to miss anything. They let him skip monday as he was burning up and could not move without falling, but today he was feeling alright. Well, he wasn't really. Charlie dredded his confrontation with Marv. What would he say? What would he do? He did not even know what he had done. 

Before he arrived at the school, he went down into an alley and lit a quick fag. He knew that smoking was bad for him, but he was addicted now. Marv hated his habit, and Charlie hated it too, but he just could not stop. Everytime he wanted one around Marv, he would be stopped and it was great because it helped him resist. But now, he couldn't. 

***

He walked through the school yard towards school, ignoring the usual stares and glares. He was used to it by now. The whole school thought he was gay now, but he didn't really care because it was the truth. 

"Where is your boyfriend?" One of them sneered. 

"I am not one for relationships, but I did just suck your dad off at the dumpsters behind the school!" He shouted back, smiling and waving his favourite finger at him. 

As he rounded the corner, laughing to himself about the disgusted look on his peers face, he bumped into a familiar figure. Great...

"Charlie... You're back!" He said awkwardly. 

"Yep. I am. I tried to tell you, but you don't want to talk to me, so don't." He said before storming off. 

"Charlie! Hold on." Marv said, reaching out to grab Charlie's hand. 

"Let go of me" He pulled his arm out of the brown haired males grasp. "Do not give me the wrong idea! If you want me to fuck off just say it!" 

"What the fuck Charlie? Just let me fucking talk!" He shouted, grabbing Charlie by the arm and dragging him towards the locker room. No one would be in there until after registration so he knew they could be loud in there without drawing attention to themselves. 

"You didn't want to talk all weekend, why do you want to talk now?" He shouted. They stared deeply into each others eyes. Tension was building up between them and both of them were struggling to restrain. They were being pulled closer together, but their anger remained. 

"I WANTED TO TALK TO YOU BUT I COULDN'T! I TOOK THE BLAME FOR YOUR DRUGS SO YOUR PARENTS WOULDN'T FIND OUT. NOW THE SCHOOL IS WATCHING ME AND MY MUM THINKS I AM A DRUGGY!"

"WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE SNUCK OUT!"

"AND GOTTEN INTO MORE TROUBLE? I DON'T THINK SO." 

"I WOULD HAVE DONE IT FOR YOU. I HAD TO BE ON MY LOW BY MYSELF!"

"WELL IT WAS YOUR FUCKING FAULT FOR TAKING THEM THEN!" 

"I DID IT BECAUSE YOU BROKE MY FUCKING HEART."

"I DIDN'T WANT TO. I LOVE YOU. DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM THAT MUCH OF A MONSTER THAT I WOULDN'T CARE ABOUT THE PERSON I WANT MOST IN THE WORLD? IF YOU DO, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!"

"You love me?" Charlie was taken aback. Did Marv, his best friend, his crush seriously love him back? His straight friend in a long term relationship with one of the most popular girls in school?

"Of course I do. I have for years. I just didn't realise until now." He replied. They were centimeters apart now. 

"What about Rhonda?" Charlie said. He didn't care, he just thought Marv might. 

"Jeez. You really were out man. Do you not remember anything?"

"Nu-uh" Charlie said, leaning into Marv, but Marved inched back.