Chapter One - A Series of Somewhat Fortunate Events

Note from Author: I am not in any way, shape, or form affiliated with the owners of the Lockwood & Co franchise, neither should the reader think I am. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please DM me. I will try and update this ASAP, thanks. 

**This is also my first Wattpad work, please don't judge, Lol.

  Ever since Lucy Carlyle stepped into 35 Portland Row, not too long ago (Some may say it has been long, some say short.) She knew there was something, Something about Anthony Lockwood. (or Lockwood, as he requested his co-workers call him that) Maybe it was his cinnamon scent, or his gentleman's charm, Lucy couldn't put her finger on it. All Lucy knew was that Lockwood was different, and she couldn't tell if that was good or bad. All that is in the past, now. 

   For the past week, the only thoughts going through Lucy's head were 'Lockwood, Lockwood, Lockwood'. Ever since he gave her that necklace with the Emerald, she couldn't even lace up her shoes without thinking about Lockwood. "Lucy, when will you let me free again?" That darned skull. Other than this, and a few insults regarding George, these few words were the only ones spoken by the charred skull lately. (He is a bit cranky that his source is burnt)

  Lucy had to pry all of these thoughts and compressed emotions from her mind right now, because she was being desperately called for. "Lucy! Help!" Lucy was caught by surprise when  she heard this, as Lockwood was not usually one to be played by ghosts. She threw her extra chains on her shoulder, and bolted from her station. She dashed up the stairs in threes, and was just in time. When she got there, she hurled her bag from her shoulder, acquired her rapier from her belt, and sprinted over to Lockwood within a matter of three seconds. She quickly assessed the scene: A very angry wraith in front of her, and a shade lurking in the corner. Quickly after noticing this, she performed a complex three point rapier maneuver that she had named "The Carlyle Effect". Lucy had caught the wraith head-on, and the visitor sizzled and spun out of sight. She hadn't gone unscathed, though. She had a pretty severe gash, and her boots were sizzling from the ectoplasm. 

   Post-maneuver, she stepped into the chained circle that Lockwood had quickly put together, and in the meantime, he had collapsed into it. She looked down at Lockwood, and was also surprised to see that his dark eyes were like tea saucers. He stared at her in disbelief. "What?" Lucy taunted "Cat got your tongue?" Lockwood stifled a laugh, and said "I will repay you later, in many ways." Lucy had yet to piece together this coded meaning, even after taking a trip to the newly named DEPRAC furnaces. (These furnaces used to carry the name of the late Marissa Fittes, but was removed after certain events regarding Lockwood and Co.) Lucy was standing near the door, shivering, while Lockwood hailed a night-cab. 

  Twenty minutes later, when they finally arrived at 35 Portland Row, in the early hours of the morning, they stumbled into the door, and both almost tripped over the doorstep. Now, the pair, being in a jolly mood, were laughing merrily at this. "Lockwood, I am so tired." Lucy said. "I know, me too, Luce. See you in the morning. Sweet dreams, Love." Lockwood had made it a habit of calling Lucy 'Love', even though there was nothing going on between them.