Chapter Two - New Beginnings

~~Lucy's POV~~

  I woke up in my attic bedroom, relatively alone. It was only Lockwood and I for the week, as Holly was in the states, visiting her Mum and Dad. George, on the other hand, was sick, in a hotel. (In the hotel as to protect us) I tried to roll over and go back to sleep, but the urge to go make tea and have the chance of seeing Lockwood diminished all possibilities of sleep at all. "I see SOMEONE is excited, about someone!" The words were oozing with sarcasm. "Shut up, Skull," I said.

      I finally mustered up the courage to go make some tea, and when I looked at the bottom of my closed door, There was a lilac-colored, rectangular piece of paper. The skull began; "That's peculiar, I WONDER from whom it could be..?" "THANKS, Captain Obvious. You are so very helpful," I retorted. I bent over and retrieved the piece of paper, and unfolded it. The message said: 'Grab some breakfast, and meet me in the rapier room, we can practice.  Love, Lockwood'. I threw on clothes, and bolted to the kitchen. I didn't bother telling the Skull where I was going, he probably already knew. 

  I wolfed down some over-done toast, and hurried down to the basement. As soon as I arrived in the doorway, I heard a familiar voice. "Good morning, Sleepyhead. I was wondering when you were going to wake up." I blushed. Oh how I wished that I could tell him how I really felt, even though he probably didn't feel the same. "Anyway, let's get going!" We had recently had to replace my favorite dummy. Floating Joe was still there, though. Lockwood took up his position in front of Floating Joe, and I took mine up in front of the new, nameless doll. I knew that I sung in my head while practicing, but what I had failed to realize, was that sometimes that song came out through my voicebox. I hadn't noticed that Lockwood had stopped practicing until I heard him set down his rapier. I looked over at him, and his eyes were as wide as a china plate. This is when I realized that I was singing.

"I-I'm sorry, Lockwood. I didn't reali-" I began. "No, Luce. You have the most amazing voice I have ever heard." He cut me off. "You-" I was so embarrassed, I could barely form a sentence. "You really think so?" "Of course I do, Luce." He said reassuringly. "Listen, Luce. I need to tell you something. You don't have to agree, and you can hate me afterwards. All I ask is that you listen." Of course I would. "Yes, Lockwood. You can tell me anything."

    "Well, Here goes nothing," Lockwood said. "Lucy Carlyle, I really like you. I have liked you ever since you stepped foot here. Infact, I love you, Lucy Carlyle." I was a mix of stunned, astonished, and entirely confused. He liked me? He LOVES me? He has this entire time? "Lockwood, I-" "No, Luce, it's fine. It's what I expected." He hung his head. "Lockwood, I- I love you too." His head immediately shot up, and showed that gigawatt smile. In two strides, he was upon me. In another 2, I was pinned on the wall. "Lucy Carlyle, May I kiss you?" "Lockwood, You don't even have to ASK." He leaned down, and his soft lips were on mine. The kiss slowly turned hard, and passionate. We broke apart only for seconds, to catch our breaths. Just like that, Lockwood's lips were crashing onto mine again, and he lifted me onto his waist, never breaking the kiss. Up the stairs we went, and came crashing down onto the couch. Somewhere in between this moment, and lunchtime the kiss broke. I didn't really care, it was a moment of bliss for me. The man I had been loving for years finally admitted he loved me back.

  When I woke up, it was dark outside. I had missed lunch. Oh well, it was a price to pay for the man I loved and was now property of. I woke Lockwood, and made a crude dinner of mac n cheese. We ate sitting across from eachother, hand in hand. "I'm so glad that you are mine, Luce," Lockwood said. "Lockwood," I said "I could say the same for you, and I will. I love you, Lockwood." "I love you too, Luce," He replied. We walked back to the couch, and were trying to decide on a movie. "Would you like to watch Jumanji, Luce?" I gaped. "Oh my god, Lockwood. That's what I was going to ask you." The movie was rolling, but that is not what we were focused on. We were too busy interlocked in a kiss to worry about a movie. There is a period of forget of what happened between then and the next few moments, although I'm not worried. The next thing I remember is waking while being carried up the stairs by him.

*Disclaimer! This is leading up to the future fluffy scenes, and etc. There may be light smut, as well as a few one-shots.