9. Private Jet (Rewritten)

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
___________________________________
Happy Reading
___________________________________
'Damien's POV'

"To the airport" I ordered my driver. We were currently heading to the airport. Emery had not spoken a word for the last 20 minutes.

Soon we were at the airport, heading towards the private hanger. Once there, we were greeted by the whole cabin crew. Harry was assigned as the captain for this trip.

"Sir, the jet is ready to take off," my P. A informed, to which I nodded and climbed into the jet. Emery was already seated.

"Good morning, Mr. And Mrs. Atkinson. This is your captain Harry speaking. Firstly, I would like to congratulate the newlywed couple, may God shower all the happiness. We are currently second in the line to take off and are expected to be in the air in approximately 5 mins. Please fasten your seat belts. I will talk to you again before we reach our destination," the captain announced.

I was sitting just across from Emery, as soon as we were in the air she started reading a book. Not having anything to do, I decided to go through some emails.

"Sir, would you like to have anything?" I heard the steward ask.

"A medium-sized black coffee," I ordered?

He then turned to Emery and asked for her order.

"Water would do, thank you," She answered.

My eyes traveled from Emery to the steward, only to see him still standing there, ogling at Emery, who was presently lost deep in the book she is reading.

"You would want to get going already if you want to avoid getting fired this instant," I said sharply. He immediately left, muttering "I am sorry, sir."

My sharp tone must have caught Emery's attention because she was already looking at me when I faced her.

"Why would you say something like that to him," she asked, this got me further.

"Do you think I will answer that stupid question of yours?" I let out abrasively and instantly regretted my words. My tone must have bowled her over because she kept looking at me as if processing something but in a trice, she looked pissed.

"No I don't, but you should never use someone's source of living to threat them, you never know, this job must be feeding a whole family?" she said matching my tone. She was right, but I was infuriated to see that stupid steward ogling at Emery.

Not wanting to continue this conversation any further, I directed my attention to the file I was currently going through.

************

After an hour or so, I looked up to see Emery sleeping with her head resting on her arms, still holding the book. I took this moment to behold her features. She was sleeping with her lips slightly parted, half of her face covered with her hair In short, she looked cute. I quickly snapped a few clicks of hers and promptly forwarded a few of them to Miles.

Damien:- "Your princess is sleeping."

Miles:- "Spellbinding as ever, huh!?, Well, she has to be, after all, she is the sister of the most handsome man on planet earth."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his text. Typical Miles.

Damien:- Well, handsomeness, and you are just parallel lines.

Miles:- 😒 Don't be jealous of our splendid genes, anyway did she eat anything? If not make her eat something this instant, she skipped her lunch. Text me once you land.