Chapter 7-Azimuth's Remorseful Past

Meanwhile, Kim and Ratchet were still flying through space. Kim was still out cold. Ratchet: "Aphelion. Contact Wade." Aphelion: "Affirmative. Patching through to Wade."

Wade appeared on the screen. Wade: "What's up, Ratchet?" Ratchet: "Did you find anything else on the Tempus Simia?" Wade: "Well...I did...find...something interesting about it." Ratchet: "Go, Wade, I'm listening." Wade: "OK, from what I have found out, the Tempus Simia is a mystical monkey relic. It is said to be capable of forming rifts in the fabric of space and time." Ratchet: "Hold on, are you saying the Tempus Simia is some sort of time traveling relic?" Wade: "Apparently so, but...it's just a myth. There really isn't such a thing as a mystical time traveling monkey relic."

Ratchet was in deep thought for a brief moment. Ratchet: "No...it wasn't a myth. Wade, I think Kim and Ron may have traveled through time at one point." Wade: "What? Are you sure about that? There are no records to confirm that." Ratchet: "Well, there's not much we understand about time travel; just theories." Wade: "Um...well, yeah, of course. There have been multiple theories on the possibilities and dangers of time travel, including the potential risks of causing massive damages to the time stream." Ratchet: "Yes, so maybe during the whole trip, something happened that caused the time stream to be restored, thereby erasing all events of them ever traveling through time." Wade: "Yeah...you could be right...I guess..." Ratchet: "Well, it does clarify a lot of what's been happening to Kim and Ron. Their conditions started around the same time that these anomalies did. Also, Kim's headaches are being caused by massive amounts of lost memories being restored. Perhaps they're memories of when she traveled through time. Why else did she blurt out "Tempus Simia" in the first place? You said so yourself that you've never heard of it." Wade: "Actually...that does make sense, but how come Ron's been receiving stomachaches? Shouldn't he be receiving headaches from recovering his lost memories as well?" Ratchet: "Hm...maybe Ron's just...having a different reaction from these anomalies than Kim. He's not exactly known for being incredibly bright." Wade: "Yeah, that's true. Hm...I wonder what sort of things have occurred when they were traveling through time."

Shortly afterwards, Kim began to moan. Ratchet looked towards her has she moved about slightly. After another brief moan, she spoke again. Kim: "Uh...did...did Drakken...did he really...? No...it was...Shego...she...(moan)" Ratchet: "Hm, so, Drakken and Shego were involved in this. I wonder what they..."

Suddenly, Ron was heard screaming in very loudly. Ratchet was startled by this as was Wade. Wade: "Uh, oh! Gotta go! Ron's condition has seriously intensified and it's a lot worse than it has ever been!"

The screen was shut off. Ratchet continued on his flight through. A little afterwards, he looked towards Kim, he was concerned for her. He placed his hand on the side of her face while his fingers went through her hair. Ratchet: "Kimberly..." Aphelion: "Now entering Korthos Sector. Warning. Warning. Hostile ships inbound." Ratchet: "Huh?"

Before long, he was faced with 3 enemy ships. They were the Valkyries, sent by Dr. Nefarious to finish off our young heroes. Cassiopeia: "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Carina: "Looks like this Lombax is lost." Libra: "What do you say, girls? Should we help him find his way?" Carina: "Cassie, we've picked up a signature 3000 kilo cubits north of Orrick Minor. It's a Lombax ship." Cassiopeia: "General Azimuth. The bounty's up to 2 million bolts on him. Libra, be a good girl and take care of our little friend, we'll kill the elder."