Chapter 17-Mending

Much time later, the clock was being fixed up by Ratchet and the Zoni that he had collected. Kim sat down on a bench, drinking an unusual liquid of sorts as Sigmund stood near her. Sigmund: "There you go, Miss Possible. This Quantum Removal Serum should purge your body of all of those temporal aftereffects" Kim: "Thanks, Sigmund. I can already feel my head clearing up. This should put a stop to all of those headache attacks." Sigmund: "I'm certain your friend will also feel better once he starts taking this serum." Kim: "So am I, I just hope that he is able to hold it down." Sigmund: "So do I, I just can't believe that you and your friend have traveled through time before." Kim: "Me neither. The whole thing was really strange and with how messed up it was, no wonder why I couldn't remember it. I'm just glad that things are back to the way they're supposed to be. I hope I never have to experience anything like that ever again." Ratchet: "Well, now that we've taken care of everything, there's only 1 more thing left to fix."

He reinserted the plug that was removed by Lawrence earlier, restoring the holographic image of Orvus. Computer voice: "Time keeper restored." Ratchet: "I'll leave you 2 alone. Let's go, Kimberly."

He walked out; Kim got up and went towards him. They held each other's hands as they walked out. They stopped as Ratchet looked back towards Clank. Ratchet: "Take care of yourself, pal."

He then proceeded back towards the ship with Kim. Rufus, standing on Kim's shoulder, looked back towards Clank and waved goodbye. Clank went on to continue playing Orvus' recording but then stopped it shortly afterwards. Clank: "I can not stay. I am sorry, but discovering my family has made me realize that I can not leave Ratchet, not until he finds his own. I hope you understand." Sigmund: "You're leaving?"

Sigmund went on to check on himself. Sigmund: "Energy output normal, harmonic stabilizers stable. Why aren't I freaking out?"

Clank retrieved the ChronoScepter and walked up to Sigmund with it. Clank: "Perhaps you are ready to be promoted."

He handed the scepter over to Sigmund. Sigmund: "Senior Caretaker?"

He accepted the scepter with much zeal. Sigmund: "Whoopee! Thank you, sir." Clank: "Take care, Sigmund."

Clank ran off after Ratchet and Kim. Sigmund continued the recording. From it, Orvus revealed that he is happy with Clank making his own decisions regardless of whether or not he were to accept his position as the new caretaker in Orvus' steed. Ratchet was just about ready to take off; he was sulking over the thought of leaving Clank behind. Kim placed her hand on his shoulder. He looked at her as she smiled at him to reassure him. He smiled at her, but only a little. Rufus was seen on Kim's shoulder, looking at Ratchet as well. Clank ran back towards the ship and jumped in just as it was about to close. He sat down right next to Kim. She and Ratchet took notice of Clank immediately; they were overjoyed that he decided to stay with them. Rufus was especially jubilant to see him. And with that, they took off and left the clock.

Later on that day, everyone met back within the ISSF. There, they sat at a circular table within the dining room of the space station's main apartment. They were enjoying a delicious pallid-color soup. Some of them were eating it awfully fast, others took their time. Ratchet, however, had barely eaten his. He was just stirring his spoon around in his soup while sulking. Ron was happily eating it up. He seemed to be enjoying it very much. Ron: "Mm, mm! That sure is some good soup, Mrs. P. Man, it feels so good to start eating again." Mrs. P.: "Well, I thought I would start you off with making you a clear soup so that it would be easy on your stomach. Plus, having it be made with vegetables would really help to add some nutrients back into your body." Wade: "I have to say, it was pretty genius of you to make a vegetable consommé, considering Ron won't eat any meat at the moment, in addition to the nutrients that he was deprived of for too long." Mrs. P.: "Well, that was the general idea, Wade." Dr. P.: "Mm, I have to say, you really outdone yourself yet again, Dr. Possible; another delectable meal and no junk food in sight." Mrs. P.: "I'm so glad that it's to your liking, Dr. Possible."