Chapter six

Maia pov

   We were on hole 20 out of 27 Topper seemed to be doing good I could tell he was having fun. He only brought up Sarah once. We mostly just talked about upcoming parties and what we wanted to do this summer. Rafe has been flirting we me the entire time I could tel it was getting on Toppers nerves a little.

"What do you say I take you to dinner after this princess?" He said pulling my hat down over my eyes.

"Get a room already" Topper said swinging his club at the white ball.

"Sorry country club I already have dinner plans." I said pulling my hat back up in place.

"Country club how did you hear that nickname?" He said giving me a very weird look.

"I heard that guy Barry call you it before and I thought it was fine." I said I grabbed my water and took a sip. Rafe seemed upset that I called him that maybe because Barry is his drug dealer. I could see why he wouldn't want me to call him the same nickname that his drug dealer user but it was a pretty clever one.

"Just don't call me that ok." He said rubbing hai hands through his hair.

"Okay I won't." I said walking over to put my water on the golf cart.

"Hey look who it is." Topper said pointing over at Pope who was making a delivery for his dad. He had some groceries and a case of beer in his hand.

"Should we ask him for a beer?" Rafe said smirking at Topper.

"Guys leave him alone he's just doing his job." I said running over them to keep them from running over to him. I'm sure as you could guess there is not much a 17 year old girl could do to keep back two guys. I chased after them and stood beside Pope.

"Hey what's up man how much for one of them beers?" Rafe asked clutching his golf club while walking at him.

"They're not for sale." Pope said backing away. I backed away with him keeping my eyes fixed on Rafe like a hawk.

"Rafe leave him alone." I said.

"Oh, wait, wait, wait, you can just give us one then, right?" Rafe said stepping towards Pope. At this point Topper wasn't engaging but he was standing down either.

"Or you can order one, like everyone else." Pope said gripping the beer. He took a step forward trying to push through Rafe but he put his arm up stopping him.

"Listen. Wait, wait, wait, your not listening to me. You've got so many, bro, and we've got nothing." Rafe said scratching his face.

"We got Nothin'" Topper said looking at Rafe and then back at Pope this was the first thing he said the entire time.

"They're not even mine they're already paid for?" Pope said.

"Already paid for?" Rafe said questioning Pope. He used his club to pull open his bad to look inside.

"What the hell" Pope said watching Rafe get inside his bag."

"You probably stole em righ." Rafe said smashing the bag with his club out of Popes hand. Everything fell to the ground smashing open.

"What the hell? you owe me for that?" Pope said yelling at Rafe.

"Oh!" Rafe said smacking the other bag out of his hand sending it flying.

"Rafe stop it!" I said trying to run between Pope and Rafe. Topper held me back.

"Dude, I don't owe you shit, pogue. Buy your win shit." Rafe said walking towards Pope. Pope shoved him back and Topper stepped in letting me go.