This Shouldn't Be Funny | 6

Chiron POV

I was talking to the Demeter Cabin, when I see Annabeth running toward me. I don't know what was happening but Annabeth was very determined to talk to me.

She was panting, "C-Chiron."

I looked up, "Yes my dear?"

Her sweat was dripping down her forehead, "L-Luke. L-"

I raised my eyebrows, "Yes?"

"H-He. I-is. Alive."

"What?!"
She grabbed my wheelchair and pulled me to the Zeus cabin. I didn't protest.

Annabeth POV

I brought Chiron to the cabin where Thalia and Luke were last seen. I ran as fast as I could, pushing Chiron's wheelchair at the same time.

My arms felt like Jell-O and I felt like I couldn't move anymore, but I had to keep going I had to show Chiron. The wind hit my face letting pieces of my hair dangle down my face in a pattern. The wind blew, and it felt delightful to feel it, but at this moment I had too much on my mind. The dirt under seemed to make a way for me to go faster, and the faster I went, the more anxious I was.

Truly, I did miss Luke but I just didn't want to see him like this I thought I would see him in Elysium, not holding my best friend on his chest, kissing her. I knew this would happen but I ignored it, I thought it wouldn't happen, I thought it was all fake. Now I realize I was wrong, and I have to face the truth, and the truth would reveal everything.

I heard the dinner bell, but I ignored it no matter how hungry I was. Once at our destination I took a breath, and saw Percy and Luke fighting. My mind started to race, my heart started to pump. I wanted to yell no and stop, but Percy had too much anger in his eyes.

Over the years Percy has gotten really strong and I never thought he'd be stronger than Luke. Luke used to say to Percy that it would take years of practice and experience to beat Luke, or even get to his level, but Percy had those experiences, and felt the pain to get to Luke's level. Tartarus had a really affected Percy, good and bad, but right now Percy looked amazingly strong. I saw Thalia, with her back against the cabin, just watching, and enjoying it as if she's been waiting for this for a long time.

Luke POV

When Percy and I were fighting, I saw Annabeth coming, she just stood there. She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out, as if she couldn't find anything to say.

My mind felt like I was being pushed in between gears. Percy has gotten really good at fighting. Every hit I try to make, he blocked it, and every hit he tried to make, I blocked it.

Thalia and Annabeth were just watching. Chiron, was just amazed. We would've been fighting for hours, maybe even days if it hadn't been for Jason.

I remembered him for the scar on his lip. If I could reach in the very back of my mind, I remembered when I first ran away. Thalia told me the story of her brother, and him trying to eat a staple. At first I thought she was joking, but now I see that she was dead serious.

Jason pulled Percy off first, and Thalia had to grab me from the back. Her soft hands gripped my shirt and pulled me all the way back. Annabeth grabbed Percy and brought him into the cabin, and they didn't come out for a while. Thalia was trying to calm me down. I could barely hear her, I mostly heard my heart beat pumping through my ears. My blood was rushing down to my body. I saw a black dots everywhere. I was losing focus on everything. Thalia grabbed my hands and told me to look into her eyes. I stared into her eyes, I stared at those lightning blue orbs that were put straight into her eyes. Then I realized, she was smiling.

"Don't let that Kelp Face get into your mind," she said. I nodded, letting the sweat drip down my face onto my shirt. I don't know why, but this made me happy. Being at camp, near my old friends, and near my old trainer. It was probably a dumb time to laugh, but I laughed. I couldn't help it, I was at home. Thalia looked at me as if I was crazy, but then again, I probably was crazy.