Chapter two

Azalea ~

A scream pierces the air.

I startle awake only to find out it was me who caused it.

I had hoped another dream wouldn't occur. Of course it did. Look at the situation im in.

Just as I start to calm myself, a stampede of footsteps echoe in the world outside my cell.

I couldn't focus on them though.

Or where they were headed.

My face was damp from tears that had been shed in my sleep and my forehead was coated in sweat.

I must look like a real treat right now.

I can't tell what I needed more in this moment. A shower or the soft sheets of my bed.

A sound appears in front of me but I can't focus on it. Im consumed by my thoughts.

The second man from yesterday nudged my foot. He had a small plate and a glass in his hands.

He looks down at me in the corner. I try to meet his gaze but im too focused on shielding myself from the blinding light of the hallway.

Then, out of nowhere, he steps infront of it. In my twisted mind it seems like he's trying to help me. Protect me.

He offers me a small smile, placing the plastic tray of food onto the chair that I was trapped in.

I don't move.

He looks my way once more before leaving again.

After he closes the door, I use the wall to help me stand and wake myself up. The pain still hasn't subsided.

I stay standing for a little while to try stretch my legs out. The food looks like shit though so I don't attempt to eat it, even though I need my energy.

I do drink the water they gave me.

I move the tray out of the way and sit on the chair.

The bracelet tied to my wrist gleams in the shadowed light and catches my attention. For the longest time it entertains me but waiting for someone to come back and tell me why im here still occupies my mind.

A few hours pass. Well I think a few hours pass.

I obviously can't tell but the barred window beneath the ceiling has gone from light to dark since the second man came in.

I try to focus on anything else. I need to keep myself busy.

I'm exhausted.

I'm confused.

I'm alone.

I stand so I can walk laps around the cell.

I've been trapped before. Even if I can't get out, I can distract myself. I've prepared for this and have experienced this. I will be fine.

But I can get out.

They didn't take my bracelet. Thoughts swirl around my head and my laps around the cell turns into pacing back and forth.

The walls are still.

The room isn't getting smaller.

Nothing is moving.

Then the door swings open without warning and I stop dead in my tracks.

I don't move. I can't move. Like a deer caught in headlights.

The first man who came in. Its him.

He stares at me as I start examining him.

We both stand there. In silence.