Theresa Gray

"Rose Tyler and this is the Doctor." I say, gesturing to ourselves. "Doctor? Doctor who?" She asks, puzzled. "The Doctor, just the Doctor," he says quite proudly. She looks a little confused by this but lets it slide. Is that all you ever say to that question, Doctor, I think, stifling a giggle. "Um, sorry for running into you, Theresa." "Please. Call me, Tessa." I give her a small smile. She looks behind us, and a little too late, I realize she is looking at the Tardis. "What's a...police public call box?" She says, confusion clear in her voice. We quickly fumble for an answer, but come away with nothing. The Doctor quickly takes over, averting her attention. "Have you noticed anything unusual around here?" He asks. She laughs, "Lately my life sort of revolves around unusual." The Doctor and I exchange a furtive glance before asking how so. She quickly tried to cover it up, just saying so many things have changed in her life that she's just unused to them and that's why they were unusual. I look at her, hoping she sees that were not buying her lies. "Oh, come off it. We know unusual and that's not it. Tell us the truth, trust us we've seen some pretty weird things." She looks a little worried but still says nothing. Finally she says, "What do you two know? When you say you've seen weird things....what do you mean?" I look at the Doctor, hoping he'll have a suitable explanation. "We have seen....beings not of this....world," he says it sounding more as a question than an actual explanation. She actually looks a little relieved at that but doesn't offer what she knows. "I'll take you to the Institute and we'll see what Charlotte has to say." The Doctor's face goes white and I give him a confused look but he doesn't explain. She looks at us then turns, expecting us to follow, which we obviously do. The Doctor looks a little stiff but he doesn't pause to follow. I'm still a little confused, but the Doctor grabs my arm dragging me after him as he tries to keep pace with Tessa. She winds her way through the streets, not slowing her pace at all. Eventually we reach a run down, old church where she pushes open the gate. She leads us past the old rusted gate before coming to the door and pushing it open. "Welcome to the London Institute," she announces proudly.