4- All on a Starry Night

Chapter 3: All on a starry night

Notes

based off the idea: Hua Cheng and Xie Lian meet at a masquerade party.

also i know in the book jun wu is way older than xie lian but for the sake of this story imagine he's only about 3 years older ty

sorry it took so long no writer block just generally to lazy to write but i got a bl boost right now so imma finish this chapter (✿╹◡╹)

please pardon any mistakes (๑→ܫ←)

OK TIME TO START IM SORRG IM OBSESSED WITH THESE FACES THEYRE SO CUTE

this chapter is much longer :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A starry night is a very pleasing sight, it can make you laugh or cry. On this particular night it was starry and humid, but in Xie Lian's home it felt awfully cold.

Xie Lian was a crown prince. Once upon a time he was loved by all the people, he would be portrayed as a God with masterful martial skills that could kill you in one hit but at the same time a beautifully graceful person, as gentle as flowers and as appeasing as them. One day a king called Jun Wu, who had a mask of gentleness but underneath was cruel and cunning, took interest in him and asked Xie Lian's father if he would be

put in his harmen. Jun Wu's kingdom was prosperous and wealthy, they had armies that could conquer all the land, but they were Xie Lian's kingdoms enemy, so he used his power to say that if he did join it, Jun Wu would help Xianle but if he didn't, Jun Wu would crush XianLe. When the King of Xianle, who once had a prosperous kingdom alike, heard that the condition was that his son would be a concubine, he immediately refused, his pride overruling his conscience. But he didn't have a choice, Xianle had hit a period of drought and disease had spread through the land.

However, when Xie Lian heard he could save his home, he didn't care about his status anymore, he immediately said yes, ignoring his father and mother, he fled Xianle on a starry night and went to Jun Wu's palace.

A week after Xie Lian's arrival he was placed in his own part of the palace. There weren't that many people in Jun Wu's harmen to begin with and no one really cared about competition. Before he joined the Imperial Concubine was a man called Mei Nianqing.

Apparently Jun Wu would visit him every night and spend his time there until the morning. No one knew exactly what they did and truth be told no one dared to ask, but when Xie Lian arrived he didn't become the Imperial Concubine, even though he was visited more often. Xie Lian often pondered about this and decided it was because Jun Wu had a twisted mindset that wanted to keep Xie Lian to himself.

During the time Jun Wu was with him he'd talk with Xie Lian politely and when Xie Lian upset him he'd either give him a back breaking task or fight with him, either way Jun Wu always seemed the calmer of the two.

Xie Lian felt particularly hopeless in both situations because every time they fought Jun Wu would win, it was like Jun Wu could predict his every thought. Needless to say, Xie Lian's days went on with this routine as XianLe got worse. One day when they were drinking tea, Xie Lian asked with a cold tone,

'I thought you said that if I went with you, you would help XianLe.'

Jun Wu, 'Mn. I did say that, and I have been helping them, it's just you can't stop fate.'

Xie Lian's hand clenched the tea cup as he said,

'Fate?'

Jun Wu replied tranquilly 'Yes. Your Kingdom was destined to fall.'