New Home Snowfall

What drew (Y/N) to the window wasn't the Jurassic World advertisement or the few cars that were driving slowly by or the few people walking on the sidewalk after a night of partying, none of that caught her attention. What pulled her there were the small white flakes falling outside the window. She had never seen anything like it, it began to cover the ground like a blanket. Unknown to her Owen had been watching her since she got to the window. She kept watching the falling white flakes even once she heard his footsteps behind her. 

 "Do you know what that is?" Owen asked her as he looked out the window with her. She shook her head. 

 "It's snow, basically frozen water, it was never cold enough on the island for it. It's actually a lot of fun when there's enough of it," Owen explained. 

 He watched her with her eyes full of joy and curiosity, he had missed that side of her. The snow began to fall faster until they could barely see out of the window, after a few minutes they went back to bed but (Y/N) stayed awake for another half hour, just watching the window before she drifted off to sleep. Owen woke her up around 8, he had let her sleep while he got everything together. It would take a little over 3 hours to get to their new home and she slept most of the way. But the last half-hour she spent asking question after question, barely letting Owen answer one before asking another. 

 "How big is the new house?" (Y/N) asked. 

 "Bigger than the old one," Owen replied, he really didn't mind all the questions, he preferred it a lot over her not talking at all. 

 "How much longer?" 

 "A few minutes." 

 "How many minutes?" 

 "Do you ever run out of questions?" 

 "Nope, especially when I'm bored," (Y/N) replied. 

 The snow had stopped long before they left but the ground was completely covered. 

 "Are we there yet?" (Y/N) asked after a few short seconds of silence. 

 Owen just pointed out the window, she looked out the window to see a lone house, it was definitely bigger than the one back on the island. 

 "Woah," Was all (Y/N) could manage to say, the whole area was nice. 

There was a lot of open area, a lake at the bottom of a hill behind the house with trees behind the lake and to the left of the house. 

 "Welcome home," Owen said softly yet with an excited tone. 

 "You built this?" (Y/N) asked, getting out of the vehicle. 

 "Yep, well, at least most of it. I had a friend put on some last finishing touches after I left for the Navy," Owen explained. 

 The rest of the day was spent getting everything sorted out, there wasn't much to go through, most of what they owned had been left on the island, most of what could be replaced was replaced by the Masrani Foundation. By the time Owen tucked (Y/N) in that night, they had everything taken care of. 

 "Daddy?" 

 "Another question?" Owen asked with a smile on his face. 

 She nodded her head. 

 "Since we don't live on the island anymore are we gonna have Christmas with the rest of your family?" (Y/N) asked curiously. 

 Owen froze for a second, he had never told her about his parents. 

 "Maybe," Owen simply replied. 

 "Either way, you should go to bed, it's already pretty late," Owen continued.

She didn't need to be told twice.

"Love you," (Y/N) said when Owen turned off the light.

"I love you too baby girl," Owen said gently before walking out of the room.

He started to shut the door when her voice called from the room.

"Don't close it all the way."

"I won't," He closed enough where the light from the hallway wouldn't bother her but left open enough so she didn't feel trapped.

Then he went to his room and got ready for bed but before he went to bed he went and got his phone off the kitchen counter, checked in on (Y/N) once more since it was her first time sleeping by herself since Jurassic World, then went back to his room. Just before he went to bed he sent a text to someone he had never really wanted to talk to again.