𝟸𝟿 |

Seonghwa should have been used to seeing how beautiful Yeosang was in different lighting, but as he awoke to the crisp morning light shining through the window, Seonghwa started his morning with a breathtaking exhale.

He seemed to have a halo of light around his head as his face tucked into his pillow, and his eyelashes were dark and in half moons... His birthmark was dark and purple under his eye, peeking out at him... His cheeks were lightly flushed... And his lips were slightly parted and flushed a pretty shade of dusky pink...

So peaceful... So soft...

Seonghwa pushed up onto his side, leaning on his elbow and propping his head on his hand as he gazed at the human beside him. His chest rose and fell so gently with his breath, and his faded love bitten collarbones peeked out from beneath his shirt where the blankets fell aside.

But after only a few minutes of that soft breath, his nose crinkled a little, and he took a practically deep breath, before his eyes slowly blinked open.

He hummed a little as his arms emerged from beneath the blankets and rubbed his eyes, stretching a little as he awoke...

And the moment his eyes fell upon Seonghwa, he froze for a moment as though he'd forgotten where he was.

But after a few seconds, a shy smile grew upon his lips, and his cheeks flushed. Timidly, he dug his nose into the pristine pillowcase.

'Mghmnnh...' he hummed a little, rolling closer to Seonghwa and resting his forehead almost against his chest. 'I could get used to this,' he murmured, curling up under the blankets.

Seonghwa's heart melted. Reaching out, he tucked the covers around his shoulders and smiled down at him. 'Did you sleep well?'

Yeosang hummed contentedly. 'Sooo good.'

Seonghwa's heart sang.

'I've never gotten so much sleep in one night,' he whispered, letting his eyes flutter shut. He pulled his hands up between them, the backs of his fingers brushing his chest.

'You'll probably crash later,' Seonghwa said softly, amused with his adorable sleepy behaviour.

'From oversleep?'

Seoghwa nodded. Glancing around the room, he saw a book on the bedside table that he hadn't noticed when they'd cleaned the room the day before. Frowning, he reached over Yeosang's body and picked it up, glancing at the cover.

And to his surprise, it was a novel.

Yeosang dragged himself up the bed a little and cradled into his side as he came back and rested down beside him.

And as Seonghwa opened the book to where the top of a page had been folded over, his eyes widened a little as he saw that the book was in English.

'You speak?'

Blonde hair crinkled against his chest as Yeosang nodded.

Seonghwa's eyes widened. 'How many languages do you speak?' he asked in awe.

'Five.'

Seonghwa choked. 'Five?!'

He giggled. 'Chinese, Korean, English, Japanese and French.'

He hadn't meant to, but Seonghwa suddenly laughed. 'French?'

The blonde groaned. 'I had to learn it for work. Don't ask.'

Seonghwa flipped once more through the book, attempting only briefly to read the blurb, before he gave up and put it aside. Hugging his arms around Yeosang's body, he melded into him. 'They do say French is the language of romance.'