chapter 7

sorry its short and sorry i havent updated in a while

Riley Inn really wasn't that terrible I guess. I mean, sure, I wasn't the most troubled patient here, some nurses even told me I was easy, so it may have sucked loads and I wouldn't know.
But going into my second week here within the next few days, it wasn't all that bad. My biggest problem was how lonely I was since Frank still hadn't returned and I haven't talked to anyone in days.
I fumbled with my blanket in bed on an early Sunday morning and listened to the birds chirping through the window the staff surprisingly let me crack open a centimeter.
I suddenly was struck out of my haze when I saw the door to the room open slightly.
I sat up and rubbed my eyes, anxiously awaiting, curious for my visitor.
who would want to visit me?
But just as quickly as the door opened, it shut again.
Curiosity overwhelming me, I flipped out of my bed and ran across to the door in a hurry to try and catch who it was.
I swung open the door and peaked my head out, catching a shadow move around the corner of the hallway rather quickly.
I snuck out of my room and slid down the hall, being careful not to make a sound. I rounded the corner and saw nothing.
Disappointed, I started to disappear back to my room, but when I turned back around the corner and looked up, I gasped.
Frank.
He was standing awkwardly outside of the door to what I guessed was now our room, half leaning against the doorframe, but ready to spring away at any moment, with his hand in his pockets.
I started to make my way toward him, and once we were finally within about 3 feet from each other, we made eye contact.
He quickly made the move to run away but I grabbed his wrist and pulled him closer to me so he couldn't escape.
He started screaming at me to let him go and used his other arm to pull on his own and punch me.
Afraid I was hurting him, and not wanting to make him hate me even more, I let go and sank down to the floor in defeat.
Frank ran like a bat outta hell from me.
I guess we made enough racket, because right after Frank disappeared, about 6 nurses came sprinting at me, and dragged me back into my bed.
So much for making a friend in Frank.

Once i was left alone again after a hearty lecture on disturbing the peace, like there was any anyway, i rolled up my shirt sleeve to inspect where Frank had flailed against me.
There were bruises starting to form, but i couldnf bring myself to be angry at him. In a way, these marks were beautiful, a form of art almost. They were personal, and left a reminder of the physical contact we shared. I almost whispered that frank could bruise me anyday, but then i mentally fought with myself for being such a reckless idiot. I didnt even know the guy and i was already peaking an interest in befriending him. Fuck, he could be a serial puppy hugging-cookie stealer and i wouldn't know.
But what i did know was that i wanted to find out and i wouldnt stop at anything until i did.

Comment and lemme know what you think/vote and make me happy