Chapter Eight- The Strange Professor Layton

Selena skipped ahead of us, clearly excited by everything she saw. She pointed out ornate paintings and carved doors, but as they looked at the door signs trying to find Layton's name, they came to the simplest door, at the other end of the hallway. It was a simple wooden door with a piece of tape. It read Layton, nothing more, just the word Layton in scraggly writing.

Selena opened it eagerly and it creaked terribly. She obviously didn't care, because she walked in confidently. She walked into a wall.

Behind the door was a small room with nothing but a rickety looking ladder. Selena looked back at us with a look of confusion, then turned back to the ladder and started to climb. I followed her, and the boys followed me.

When we reached the top of the ladder we walked into what looked like someone's attic. There were no desks or chairs, but there were stools and a small chalkboard and a very strange looking man.

We seemed to be the first ones there, so we picked the stools in the back of the room. The man, apparently Professor Layton, was wearing a mustard yellow jacket and purple slacks. His grey hair was in an unruly mess. He said, "Mmm.. yes. Hello. Do you pupils have your books?"

"What books?" I asked. I looked to the others, and they mirrored my confused expression.

"I yes... I suppose you won't be needing them anyway... ummm... Yes... Pick your seats... Oh wait! You have. Ummm... Hello??"

"Hello, sir. How do you do?" Selena said politely, flattening her skirt.

"Hmm yes. I do well. I mean, I am Dmitri Layton. Hmm hello. Welcome to my class."

"A pleasure." Jacob said, as more young elementals walked into our class.

"Hmm yes. Hello." Layton said, and he waved with a strange look on his face. "Welcome to my class."

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER, I TRIED TO MAKE IT LONGER. <3