Ch. 4 - THANK YOU, MR. BOLDER SNAIL

Chapter Four🏹 Thank you, Mr

Chapter Four
🏹 Thank you, Mr. Bolder Snail 🏹

"It's crazy the things you forget about the world. Like the smells. The grass, the trees, the flowers. Sure, you get the occasional bloody corpse, but-"

Joel wrote in his notebook until of of the sudden he fell into a hole. He coughed and groaned in pain as he rolled onto his back, looking at Boy who stared down at him from outside the hole. Boy barked a couple times until Joel stood up and glanced around, "Oh, no. I fell in a hole." He whispered to himself.

"Okay, I just gotta... climb out. I can climb out." He said before walking over to a couple holes in the wall. He put his hand in them and was about to pull himself up until he head something hiss making him quickly back away. He stepped on something making it break and he froze, "Oh, no. This is bad. Oh, this is so bad." He said as he glanced up at Boy.

Boy started barking making Joel's eyes widen, "Stop. Stop it. Shh. Stop it." Joel whispered. All of the sudden he heard something that sounded like teeth rattling making him glance at a hole in the wall. He stared at the hole until something shot out at him making him fall to the bone covered ground.

He picked up a giant bone and quickly stood up, holding the bone for defense. A bunch of creatures slowly started to come towards the opening of every single little whole as Joel turned around, looking at all of them. All if the sudden something dropped down the hole making him jump before looking up to see three people looking down at him.

"It's a rope, you numbskull! Put it around your foot and grab on!" A man yelled and Joel quickly started to do so as creature started to come out of the holes. "Okay, come on! Hold on!" The man yelled as he started to pull Joel up with Joel occasionally having to kick creatures away from his feet.

When he got up to the surface, a hand grabbed his arm and helped pull him out. "You wanna look at 'em? Oh, shit!" The man yelled when a creature shot out of the hole and the man quickly sliced it in half. "Minnow, finish 'em off." An older girl, who had her hair up and was wearing an old worn out baseball cap, said, looking at a girl who was no older than eight.