Ch. 5 - LESSONS AND GOODBYES

Chapter Five🏹 Lessons and Goodbyes 🏹

Chapter Five
🏹 Lessons and Goodbyes 🏹

"What you working on there, man?" Clyde asked as Joel sat on the ground, leaning up against the wall as he sketched. "Just a little project I started a while back in my colony. Every time we encountered a new monster, I'd just make a little entry." He said and Maeve walked over and sat down next to him to look at the drawing.

"A drawing. Um, just some info about it. You know, strengths, weaknesses. Stuff like that. Made me feel like I was helping out, you know." He said and Maeve hummed slightly, "You've gotten a lot better since Highschool." She said making him smile at her, "Thanks." He said as Clyde walked over to sit on a rock next to Maeve.

"I seen this one. Ugly bastard." Clyde said as Joel flipped to the page with the ant creature, "Yeah." Joel said. "Doesn't like loud noises." Maeve said and Clyde nodded and pointed at her, "Also doesn't like shotgun blasts to the head." He said and she nodded before nudging Joel.

"You should probably add that." She said and she chuckled quietly when he did, "Shotgun to the face." He mumbled before looking at them. "Yeah. Got it." He said and Maeve smiled at him, "Can I look through?" She asked and he nodded. "Oh, sure." He said as he handed her the notebook and Clyde looked over her shoulder as she flipped to a page that had Agatha 616.

"Oh, wow." Clyde said and Joel nodded,
"Yeah." He said and Maeve glanced over at him. "We were sixteen when it hit, right?' She asked and Joel nodded, "Yeah, they sent everything up at once to take her down." Clyde said as Maeve turned to another page with a monster on it.

"They had the balls to call us the lucky ones just 'cause whatever the hell was in those things didn't affect us. Ain't nothing lucky about getting kicked off the top of the food chain." Clyde said and Joel nodded slightly, "Yeah, my parents thought if we could just make it out of Fairfield, we might have a shot." He said and Clyde looked at him.

"Man, before Maeve and Kylee, I've never met anyone who made it out of Fairfield. That place was basically ground zero. Shit, I've only heard horror stories. Maeve told us everything she's seen when her and ber family were getting out." Clyde said and Joel nodded slightly, "Yeah, it was pretty bad." He said and Maeve looked at him.