Ch. 10 - YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL IN THE EYES

Chapter Ten🏹 You Can Always Tell In The Eyes 🏹

Chapter Ten
🏹 You Can Always Tell In The Eyes 🏹

Joel groaned slightly as he slowly woke up and tried to move his arms only to discover they were tied to something above his head. "Maeve? Aimee?" Joel asked as he glance around, "Joel? Are you okay?" Maeve asked making him look over to see her tied next to him and Aimee on the other side of her.

"Good morning." Cap said making them look over at him as he was crouched in front of them. "Joel, I'm sorry about the fist to your face. I couldn't have you talking shit about us on the radio. I didn't wanna mess this up." Cap said and Maeve groaned under her breath as she pulled against her restraints before kicking sand in Cap's face making him sigh.

"Dana, take care of it." He said and Dana loaded her arm cannon, "Dana, d-don't. Not the radio tower!" Aimee yelled before Dana blew up the radio tower. "So, you probably figured out we're not on a pleasure cruise.
My crew and I want to thank you for your generous donations. Food, water, supplies, medicine. We greatly appreciate it. It will see us through to the next helpless colony down the coast." Cap said and Maeve scoffed.

"You're basically pirates? What the hell is this? The fucking 1800s?" Maeve asked and Cap nodded, "You're right. But it's not that simple. The world is basically devoid of fossil fuels. Not enough to run a yacht on, anyway. So my crew and I, we had to improvise just to survive. And we found a real special fuel source. Actually, Rocko did. Didn't ya, big fella?" Cap asked, gesturing to Rocko who nodded

"Yeah, that was me."

"Ten tons of pure power, chained to the front of that yacht. She's sleeping now. She will be hungry soon." He said before pressing a button on a control box he had and chain connected to the yacht started pulling. "Well, what can I say? Shit gets crazy in the apocalypse." Cap said making both Joel and Maeve roll their eyes.

"Holy shit." Maeve said making everyone follow her like of sight to see something large moving under the water. A moment later a giant crab started climbing over the rocks making all the old people start screaming and running away. "Oh my god. We're gonna die." Joel whispered and Maeve shook her head, "No we're not! I made a promise to Minnow, I'm not let go of that anytime soon." She said as she pulled against her restraints.