Ch. 8 - JENNER BEACH

Chapter Eight
🏹 Jenner Beach 🏹

Joel slowly looked up and furrowed his brows slightly when he see Aimee doing something off to the side. "Aimee?" He asked making her turn around and smile at him, "Aimee." He whispered before quickly starting to get up making her stop him..

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. T-T-Take it easy. Take it easy. Still pretty messed up from all the poison. How do you feel?" She asked as she felt his forehead and he just looked at her in disbelief, "I feel... I'm good. Good. No, I'm f... I-I'm okay." He said as he sat up.

"What was it like? I mean, you have to tell me everything. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I don't know what everyone's complaining about." He said and she raised her eyebrows, "Oh?" She asked and he shook his head. "No, it was terrible. I almost... died a lot. I guess it was nice to have Maeve with me along the way." He said before glancing around, "Where is she, by the way?" He asked.

"Talk to the others I'd assume. Or if she's anything like she was in highschool than probably standing in the corner as she glares at everyone." Aimee said and Joel nodded, "Probably a bit of both." He said before smiling at her as a guy walked through the curtain. "It's so good to see you. I'm lucky you found me when you did." He said and she nodded slightly, "About that, um..." She mumbled slightly.

"And hey, we... kissed." He said while she said, "You were hallucinating pretty hard." And he raised his eyebrows slightly. "How amazing was that, huh?" He asked and she shook her head, "You kissed Old Pete." She said making the guy stop and look at them.

"Hi, Pete." She said and Joel chuckled, "Oh. Yeah. That'd be hilarious." He said, not believing her until he saw the look on her face. "Oh, yeah, I really did." He said and Old Pete walked away while Joel looked at Aimee, "I don't know how to move on from this." He said making her chuckle..

"What was that you said on the radio about, uh..." He trailed off slightly and Aimee nodded, "Yeah. This yacht captain and his crew show up out of the blue." She said and he raised his eyebrows. "Did you say a yacht captain?" He asked and she nodded, "Yeah, yeah. And he says he can find us a safe place to live and a new home. I'm trying to pack everything up right now." She said and he furrowed his brows.