After Surgery

Scott tapped his foot anxiously as he bit his nail. Kirstie took his hand from his mouth and held it tightly. "Mr.Hoying? Kirstin Maldanado?" Nurse Kelly said curiously. Kirstie and Scott both jumped up and Kevin and Avi's eyes followed them.

"That is us!" Kirstie blurted out with excitement and anxiety tainting her voice. The nurse smiled and guided them down the hallway to Mitch's room.

"Mitch do you know anyone else that should be allowed in?" The nurse asked. Mitch nodded.

"Avi Kaplan, Kevin Olusola, and I think that's all..." Mitch finished. The nurse nodded and left the room. The three were soon joined by Kevin and Avi.

"How ya doin' buddy?" Kevin asked patting Mitch's shoulder lightly. Mitch smiled as Avi sat beside him.

"Good, I am alive so" Mitch said with a bit of sarcasm in his tone. The group laughed and Mitch giggled lightly.

"Good, I hope you get better soon" Avi whispered in his low bass voice. Scott sat in from of Mitch's bed and watched as everyone spoke. Kirstie was holding Mitch's hand and filling them in on his health.

"I think I am okay, honestly" Mitch stated and smiled. The nurse walked in and smiled at the group of friends.

"Hi, I was just here to say that Mitchell is allowed to a leave in a day and everyone except Scott must leave at 9:00"

Avi and Kevin stood up and smiled at Mitch. "Well, we best get going anyway. Get well soon, Mitchy" Avi said as he walked out along side Kevin. Kirstie smiled at Mitch and let his hand go.

"Get well soon, hon" Kirstie said before walking past the nurse.

"You can leave" Mitch said. Scott looked at Mitch confused. "You can sleep at home"

"What?! No, way! I am staying with you" Scott stated. He moved to the sofa beside Mitch's bed and propped his head up on a pillow. Mitch sighed.

"Okay" Mitch yawned and rolled over to face Scott. "Good night love"

"Good night" Scott said and blew Mitch a kiss.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Miiiitch.." Scott whispered in a cuddly and warm voice. "Mitchell!"

Mitch jumped and sat up, fixing his hair. "Damn it! Scott what!" Mitch whisper yelled. Scott set down Mitch's tray in front of him.

"I got you waffles with Bannana and chocolate syrup and Cinnamon Toast Crunch," Scott said with a large smile. " I know it's you are FAVORITE!"

Mitch smiled and began to eat. "Aw! Thanks, babe!" Mitch cooed. Mitch cut a piece of the waffle and dipped it in chocolate sauce. "Come here!"

Scott scooted close to Mitch and opened his mouth. Mitch popped the waffle chunk into Scott's mouth and Scott hummed in delight. "Yum!"

"Guess who leaves the hospital today!?" Mitch teased with a smile.

"Hmm.. WYATT! No, Jake?!" Scott joked.

"No silly!" Mitch rolled his eyes jokingly. "Me!"

"I know.. What time?" Scott asked as he snuck another piece of waffle into his mouth.

"12:00 in the afternoon, not midnight," Mitch stated.

"Goody! I will be back, I am getting you a gift!" Scott said before running to the gift shop and grabbing Mitch a box of chocolates and a teddy bear. Scott re-entered the room and his the gift behind his back like a little kid. "Close your eyes!" Scott giggled. Mitch rolled his eyes and then covered them up. Scott placed the items on Mitch's lap and told him when to open his eyes.

"Aaw! That is so sweet! Thank you!" Mitch was flustered as me tripped through his words and leaned over to kiss Scott.

"Two days.." Scott said as he looked at a calendar. Mitch looked confused. "THE WEDDING!" Scott joked. Mitch pretended to be shocked and they both laughed. Time flew and soon Mitch was buckling up into the car and driving back the their shared apartment. Soon, they would not be Mr.Hoying and Mr.Grassi, but Mr.Grassi-Hoying.