Chapter: 1

After taking a shower she stripped into her official uniform, the black polyester suit clasped her figure, she played with her hood to make it look less creased.

 She slips on her holster, wrist guns, utility belt and boots. 

As she was putting on her gloves she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" 

"It's locked" her heart missed a beat, the all too familiar voice she was hearing about a few minutes ago.

She rushed to the door and unlocked it, revealing Casper in the identical attire as her. 

"Ready?"

"Indeed" she fiddled her fingers to adjust the glove. 

"You missed lunch," Casper mentioned as they exited the hallways and walked up the stairs.

"I'm aware"

"Aren't you gonna get hungry?"

"My health problems are none of your concerns" 

He just sighed, as they reached the AV room.

 Andrea swiped her palm across the scanner pad, as it turned green, the door slid open, with the help of the microchip inserted in them, which tracks almost everything about them; their location, stress level, intelligence, emotions- which they don't bother about. 

Everyone was practically numb, empty or mentally unstable or all. 

The room was dimly lit, with rows of seats with a few of them occupied and a large TV at the front. The sound of chatter crammed the room. Both of them took their seats at the back. 

"QUIET!" A strident male's voice bellowed. The chattering died as the man stood behind the podium. It was Auster, one of the seniors Andrea abhorred.

 He had a whip that was 10 feet long, black leather braided with iron spikes and a metal ball at the end every senior Sicarius had one.

The man always taunted her for being short, not being able to go out and for being a female and whenever he grinned Andrea felt like puking, specks of what seemed to be mud stained his teeth conceivably about his ability. 

Geokinesis.

Manipulating earth or dirt.

Auster scanned the crowd of students and began checking the registration. Whenever someone's name was called they would stand up, salute and say "Present" loud enough for him to hear.

"Andrea Charlotte" Andrea stood up before she could salute, a voice interrupted. 

"Repeat that Auster" was her mother. Andrea didn't even notice her presence. Auster scowled as he repeated more reluctantly this time "Andrea Charlotte Marcela".

She saluted and said, "Present" and sat back down.

When the register marking was over, Casper took something out of his utility belt and handed it to Andrea. She looked down at what was presumed to be a gun.

"It's a Glock 26"

A fairly abandoned brand.

"Where did you get it?" She asked as she took it into her hands and scrutinized it. 

" I got while I was on my last mission, the owner is dead though. You can have it"

"Thank you but I-"

"No keep it, you're gonna need it"

Andrea arched an eyebrow, guns weren't her favourite choice of weapon "And why would I?"

"Well you'll be going on your first mission today"

"Really?" A smile almost appeared on her face, "With who?"

"Marcela said that you would work better alone but it was finaled that since this your first time you'll need someone who's experienced"

"And who is this someone?"

"Me of course, who else do you think your mother would partner you with other than herself"

"So when are we-"

"Both at the back!" Everyone's heads whipped towards Casper and Andrea's direction. "You'll be cleaning the training centre after the session!" Auster yelled as he continued his lecture.

 "He's such a coccydynia" Andrea whispered to Casper. 

"What?" He asked, snickering.

"Coccydynia, a pain in the ass" Andrea could hear him snickering beside her. 

Casper never took any of the punishments seriously, specifically when he gets to be with Andrea when doing them but sometimes she can be an enormous distraction. 

He was always fond of her peculiar vocabulary, her fascination for books, her fondness for food, and her once-in-a-blue moon smiles.

 He stared at her as she was murderously glaring at Auster. 

She always treated people the age they behave, not the age they are. 

He felt bad that he truly never got to tell her things he wanted to. 

Minutes passed by and the lecture was over. File by file they all exited the room.

"Should we go clean the training centre now?" Casper asked Andrea.

"Certainly, sooner rather than later" 

Both of them walked to the training centre and took the brooms from the closet and began to sweep the floor. 

They rearranged the weapons and mopped the floor. The two of them were worn out from work.

"I'm beat," Casper muttered as he slid to the floor along with Andrea, their backs against the wall. "I'm waiting for you to do something to make Auster make us clean the kitchen"

"That is a risk I'm not inclined to take"  

He let out breathy laughter.

"About the mission" Andrea began. "When do we go on one?"

"Tomorrow morning"

"Tomorrow morning?"

"It's not a mission, it's just a walk to my favourite café and a walk around the city. You first gotta  get used to the environment."

"What are some things I should be aware of?" She scooted closer to him.

"Well," he paused before continuing. " Majority of the time when you have to go undercover you have to wear wigs or accessories, most of them being ones you're not comfortable with. Silence is a virtue, you can hear more voices when you become silent. React to things based on your experience"

Andrea stood up and lent her hand to Casper, with a dramatic grunt he stood up. 

"Be ready tomorrow morning, about nine-thirty sharp. I even have a mission tonight"

"Will you come back?"

"Yes'

Andrea nodded. They reached her room before she could enter he said," Hey, Andrea"

"Yes" 

"Just know that I'll always be your friend, okay?"

Just friends.

"Why are you saying that?" Andrea inquired, her face showing no glimmer of sentiment like always.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that you're the greatest friend I ever had and no one can rebuild your awesomeness, will you promise you'll feel the same about me?"

"Absolutely" 

"See you at dinner," he said as he walked off.

The door slid open and Andrea entered her room.