Chapter: 20

"Hey Andrea" 

She barely mumbled back an acknowledgement, placing the book she was reading on her chest and watched as he laid beside her on the grass.

He cleared his throat before asking, "are we friends?"

"I don't see any reason how we're not"

"So we're friends?" He propped himself on his elbow beaming, "so can I tell you something?"

Andrea turned to look at him like a cat does when they hear the sound of a bag of food shaking. "What is it?"

"I'm going on my first mission"

Worry, proudness and a hint of envy burst in her, "what?"

"Yeah, isn't it great"

"Yes, great indeed"

"Is something wrong?"

"No. No, of course not. Congratulations."

"You'll also be going missions Andrea if it wasn't for our age difference you'd already would've slaughtered a whole army of Divinus"  he stood up swinging his arm lunging, promising a fight.

"When will you be back?"

He stopped his actions and put on a thinking face, "I'm not sure, but I know I'll be back for you every time"

Andrea pursed her lips and sat up, a tingling sensation erupting in her stomach.

"You're the greatest friend I'll ever have, do you promise to stick by my side forever?"

She remained silent before answering, "yes"