Lullabies

Allyssa has been doing better. I can sit in bed with her now and i do. We cuddle for at least an hour every day. She is back to reading already. She had Harry Potter books though. She is going home in a few days. They say she should be able to go back to her normal life. It will be her birthday in about a week so I plan on staying till at least then. I have this little date planned and i hope she will like it. When I first got hear they said she might not make it but now here she is. She had a broken arm, 3 broken ribs, a broken ankle, a piece of metal in her stomach, and glass in her face and arms. The guy that hit her died on the operating table due to bleeding in the brain. She feels bad about getting hit. We keep trying to tell her its okay but she won't listen. She doesn't smile as much anymore. I try to change that as much as I can, but it's hard to make her smile when she doesn't want to. One day I went to get lunch and i was gone for about an hour because I went to go eat food that wasn't from the hospital. When I got back i heard her laughing. I walked in and she was on her laptop talking to a friend. Her name was Sasha i think. She seemed really nice and Allyssa seemed happy to be talking to her. It made me smile seeing her like that. It doesnt happen very often and I love it when she is like this. I wish she could be like that all the time. We just gotta wait till she is out of the hospital where everyone is sad. Maybe then I will get to hear her laugh more.