Twenty Eight

"I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have done that, huh?" Sapnap continued, still refusing to make eye contact with Karl.

With his one free hand, Karl placed it under Sapnap's chin, forcing him to face him. Karl wasn't sure what he had planned to do. Part of him wanted to pull Sapnap in by the back of his neck and kiss him senseless. Another part wanted to assure him that everything was alright.

Karl wrapped his legs around Sapnap's waist again, eliminating the several inches of space between them. He could still see the worried expression on Sapnap's face, deciding now probably wouldn't be an appropriate time to kiss him. Instead, Karl leaned in for a hug, rubbing circles on his best friend's back.

"Never apologize for something like that, Nick. Apologies mean you didn't mean it." Karl whispered. He felt Sapnap exhale the air he had been holding in, finally breathing again and returning the hug. He felt Sapnap let out a small relieved laugh. Deciding it was time to lighten the mood and get on with the evenings activities, Karl continued.

"I mean, just look at all this. I would kiss me too." Karl laughed, getting an equal laugh in response from Sapnap. He felt himself being lifted again, set down in front of the counter. Sapnap still had him pinned in place, one hand gripping the counter on either side of Karl's hips. Sapnap stood frozen, clearly unsure of what he wanted.

"Come on now." Karl said, lifting one of Sapnap's hands and pulling him towards the coffee table. "Time for matching Halloween pajamas and movies. We have to watch all three or you don't get your last surprise." Karl taunted.

The mentioning of another surprise made Sapnap finally look up at him, a smile growing on his face once again.

Karl giggled at the sight before him. The two went into the bathroom upstairs. Each taking pictures in the mirror with their matching shirts. Karl tweeted one photo, captioning it "Look who's here!" Sapnap watched as Karl tagged him in the tweet, a smile on his face. Karl began to step away, only to be stopped by Sapnap linking his arm around his waist.

"Can we take more? Just for us?" Sapnap asked quietly.

Karl gladly followed where Sapnap's arm led him. Sapnap took several photos with his arm wrapped around Karl's waist, Karl's hand gently placed on his chest. Karl leaned back and placed a kiss on Sapnap's cheek, quickly facing forward again.

"Do that again, I missed it." Sapnap said quickly, scrolling through the now dozen photos he had taken. Karl giggled at the comment.

"As long as it's just for you." He said, this time placing his hand on Sapnap's opposite cheek as he kissed the one closer to him. He heard several clicks of Sapnap's camera, feeling Sapnap's cheeks beneath his lips tightening into a smile.

Karl pulled away, no longer trying to hide his blush from Sapnap. Karl began to walk towards the door, feeling Sapnap's hand quickly slide into his. Karl turned back and smiled as they walked down the stairs. Seeing this clingy side of Sapnap was so different from his usual 'stand-offish but joking' persona.

Each boy grabbed their respective snack and soda, making their way into the tent. They started with The Conjuring, since they had both seen it before. They took this time to play beanboozled. Karl somehow always got the rotten ones, while Sapnap had only gotten the good flavors.

Neither boy had seen Sinister, so they actually paid attention to this one. Sapnap had pulled Karl into his lap, his arms tightly wrapped around Karl's waist from behind. Both boys snacked on candy and screamed at the jump scares, promptly laughing at each other and calling each other 'babies' and 'wimps'.

Lastly, they put on The Nightmare Before Christmas. Karl had actually never seen this movie. Karl watched intently, while Sapnap watched Karl's reactions to his favorite parts. Occasionally, Sapnap leaned down and placed a kiss on Karl's head or cheek. Sometimes he could feel Karl's breathing becoming faster and sometimes Karl shooed him away if it was an important scene. Either way, Sapnap loved the reactions.