‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Finally after 6 hours of school I was able to leave. Sure, home might not be much better than school but it's certainly preferable.

I stopped at my locker before leaving school, placing the books I used today that I would need for the next in it.

"Hey, Isla,"

I turned around and saw Olivia walking to the locker next to mine. Okay, maybe dropping of books wasn't the only reason that I stopped at my locker.

I've always liked Olivia. She always treated me kindly, when the rest of her friends wouldn't and is just a generally pleasant person. But lately, that's sort of changed. I don't know how to describe it but I always feel happier when she's around, and feel special whenever she talks specifically to me and no one else. It's as if her smile makes everything okay.

"Hi," I replied, smiling as i closed my locker.

She cautiously looked around to see if anyone would be listening in, before leaning closer towards me and whispering, "I think today went quite well, don't you think?"

"Yeah, absolutely," I replied, "The look on Coach Creed's face was priceless."

Olivia closed her locker and we started to walk out of the school.

"Did you hear about Rex's party tonight?" Olivia asked.

"I heard about it," I said, "But I don't think I'm going to go. I mean, I hate him, he hates me, it's a mutual feeling that means I probably won't be welcome."

"You should still come," She said, "It surely can't be open to our whole year excluding you."

"I wouldn't put it past him to be honest," I said, "And it's not even him I'm worried about."

And as if on cue, Amber, Rex's girlfriend and Olivia's best friend, shouted from her car on the other side of the courtyard, "Olivia," and made a beckoning motion with her hands.

Olivia turned around and waved to her, signalling that she was coming, then turned back to me.

"Don't worry about Amber," she said, placing one of her perfectly manicured hands on my shoulder, "If she tries to cause a scene, I'll talk to her."

"Alright," I said, smiling at the taller girl.

Olivia smiled back and removed her hand from my shoulder, "Great!" she exclaimed, "I'll see you there."

And with that she turned and walked over to Amber. I watched her as I went and received a dirty look from Amber as they both got into the expensive car.

Amber is a bitch. There's no other way to put it, she is a sly, manipulative bitch and I have no clue why someone as kind and as sweet as Olivia would even bother with her.

I sighed as Amber's car drove out of the courtyard and began my walk home.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Erin I'm back," I called to my aunt, as I dropped my bag on the floor and walked towards the kitchen.

"Hey" said Erin, as I entered.

"Hi, sweetie," said my Dad. Wait. My Dad? He's not supposed to be back from 'work' yet.

"Um... hi, Dad," I said sending a confused glance at Erin, "Why aren't you at work? I thought you weren't getting back until later tonight."

"Change of plan," said Xavier, "I thought that we could all go out for dinner later, seeing as your mother is back from her business trip in a few hours."

Okay. So he pisses off to work extremely early in the morning and doesn't come back until after I'm asleep, every day since we moved here, which, mind you, was last year, and now decides to be a good father? And why tonight? Rex's party is tonight and as much as I don't like Rex, I told Olivia I'd be there.

"Sorry, Dad, but I can't tonight," I said.

"Why?" he asked, a stern expression on his face.

"I have plans," I replied, hoping that he wouldn't continue to pry.

"Well, change the plans," he said, in a tone that made it out to be so simple.

"I can't," I said, "it's not the type of plan i can change."

I was going to get caught. There was no way he would let me go to a party.

Luckily, Erin saw me struggling and came to my rescue, "She's been talking about this for a while, Xavier," she said, "You cant expect her to just cancel."

Dad looked at Erin for a moment and back at me. "Fine," he said, giving up, "Fine." he said again and walked out of the kitchen.

"Okay, go and get ready for your party," said my aunt with a knowing smile.

"Wha-, what party," I said, trying to look confused.

"You're such a bad liar, Isla," laughed Erin, "You don't think I had the exact conversation with my dad?"

I laughed and started to make my way upstairs to get ready for the party.

thank you to everyone who has voted :)
i hope you enjoy this chapter.
i'll try and get the next one up as soon as i can.
-V