Chapter 5, A Strong Connection

Rick's POV

Holy shit. Did Morty just..Kiss me? Holy shit, holy shit..

"That was nice, R-Rick..Don't you think?" I hate to agree, well, I don't but..Yes. It was nice.

"Yeah, Mo-Morurghty. It was nice.." 

There was silence for a few seconds, and then Morty hugged me. I hugged him back, and his grip tightened. Seems like he didn't wanna let go of me.

I let go of him slowly. I brushed my hands through his soft hair, staring at his face. His hair is so soft..

3rd Person POV

"Eheh..That feels nice, Rick." Morty liked how Rick brushed his hands on his head. It felt really nice. Considering that Rick's hand is big, it also provided minimal amounts of warmth on his head.

"I-I still can't believe that we kissed, Rick. It's like almost impossible, y'know?" Morty couldn't explain how he felt in words. It was a little tough for him. He'd never kissed anyone (I'm putting the Planetina episode aside for this series) before, and he was worried Rick thought he was lame.

"Don't think about it." Rick said nonchalantly.

"It was only a kiss, Morty." Wise words from Rick, haha. It's true though, it was just a simple smooch.

Rick and Morty went silent for a few seconds, both thinking about the kiss. Morty didn't realize it but he moved his hand onto Rick's, who's hand was much bigger than his. Rick felt a sudden touch sensation on his hand and looked at Morty, who was fidgeting his other hand around.

Rick put his hand on top of Morty's and put his fingers in between Morty's. Morty realized what Rick was doing and just stared at him.

"Grandpa Rick! Morty! Come on, we're all going out!"

"C-Coming, Summer!" Morty got up hastily as soon as Summer finished her sentence. But Rick held him back.

"Rick? Come on, let's go.."

"No. I don't wanna go." Rick pulled Morty back a little, not wanting him to leave.

"Rick..If you..If you wanna be with me then follow us." Morty smiled a little, seeing Rick nod in agreement. He only wanted to go because Morty asked him to. Otherwise, he'd be coming up with new Pickle Rick ideas.

The two went downstairs, seeing Summer cross her arms while waiting for them.

"Gosh! You two take forever. Come on." Summer said casually. Morty had no idea why Summer waited for the two of them. Usually, she'd already be in the car, on her phone.

----------------------

Everyone was in the car, Jerry who was ready to drive asked if everyone was buckled up. Not surprisingly, no one answered. He just started driving anyway.

Summer was sitting on the left side of the car, on her phone. While Rick and Morty sat next to each other. The two of them sat there awkwardly. Wanting to talk to each other but also didn't want the family to notice them if they talked continuously.

"So where are we going, B-eth?"

"Shoney's, dad." Beth said, smiling at her father. Rick smiled back a little, hoping she wouldn't notice.

After a few minutes of driving, they got to Shoney's and everyone got out of the car.

That's it for Chapter 5! I'm sorry I didn't publish any chapters for 3 months. Here's your reward for waiting that long! I'll be working on Chapter 6 after I post this chapter.