§

• Dedicated to The Gods

With every rising of the sun
Think of your life as just begun.
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox 

☆☆☆

Introduction

On Wattpad, there is little information on Wicca. When searching for any book on the subject, I find that they are mostly about spells, but for some reason they are not about the religion itself. I want to fill this gap. My plan is to break this 'book' into two sections: the first section is about theory, and the second section is the practical. I am writing this book because after numerous times, I fail to use a physical book of shadows and write frequent entries in it. Instead, I decided to just write my thoughts here and organize it all online. Not only it is for those purposes, but I would also like to outreach to you, the readers, who are interested in Wicca and who may gain something from my writings. I don't know everything but whatever I do know, I am willing to share it.

My intention is to not hand you a bunch of spells and call it done without any explanations or anything about the religion. While 'going through the motions' that someone else wrote down is fine, I believe it is better to do ritual based on your feelings and experiences; the occurrence of ritual itself will be less filtered. To hopefully fix this large gap, I will compile information from personal experience and other books. The 'practical stuff' is the second section of the book for a reason; you cannot simply jump into magick and spells without some foundation. In fact, it is recommended to study for some time before casting a spell.

So, please read through the theoretical and slowly go through the exercises in the practical section when specified. Also, it will be easier on you--as the reader--if you get the work broken down into segments, rather than taking on the entire elephant at once. People easily get discouraged if they do not know where to start for learning a new subject, or if too much material is thrown at them. I will try my best to break down the material into well-reasonable sized chunks.

This is my large disclaimer: I am a teenager, and therefore, cannot claim to know everything about Wicca, Witchcraft and Paganism. I cannot formally teach anyone and never worked with a coven before. However, I can give you my knowledge about this subject, and I will be doing tons of research to fill in the blanks of my knowledge. Be warned, I may write some really wrong information--then learn a fact and change my perceptions about this subject. Together as writer and reader, we can grow from this experience and help others by fixing errors.

So, please feel free to share your knowledge as well, and if you want me to write a chapter about something, just post a comment!

And because I am a teenager, my writing skills are pretty shoddy. So, you may run into a paragraph that sounds like a dolphin swallowed google translate and spitted it out into broken incoherent sentences. That's okay too. Feel free to comment if I made some error--spelling and grammar wise.

To warn you ahead of time, I would like to announce that this 'book' will take a long time to make. Some chapters will be encyclopediac in nature, some very short, and others will a large number of pages. Unfortunately or fortunately, that's just my writing style. If you feel that my writing is terrible and/or I am spewing a bunch of nonsensical facts, then comment and buy a book on Wicca. This book is free for a reason, y'know.

If you like to see me rant about the misconceptions of Wicca, then head to my other book: "My 2¢ on Wicca." Seriously, some of the misinformation out there scares me a bit. Also, you may find that the other book is more of a sandbox, and you can learn new information that I may not discuss here.

Welcome to my knowledge sink. Let's explore!