Second Night

Sherry and I parked in the lot in front of the horror attraction. It was time for our second night. I was feeling serious déjà vu.

“You ready?” I asked as we got out of the car.

“Yeah!” Sherry said sounding enthusiastic.

We walked up to the building slowly. We went inside and made our way to the office. Then we awaited our phone call.

A few minutes passed and the phone finally rang.

Sherry answered it and put it on speaker.

“Hey man! You’ll never guess what!” The phone dude said.

“What?” I asked.

“We got a working animatronic!” The guy said excitedly.

My face immediately went pale. So did Sherry’s.

“We also found some old audio recordings to play throughout the attraction.” He continued. “So I’ll just let those play for you guys to hear.”

Then the audios played. The voice over them was none other than…The Phone Guy.

We listened for a few minutes of the recording, but then I couldn’t take it and I turned it off. Too many memories of the animatronics were coming in my head. I missed them a lot.

“Ok, let’s just get to checking the cameras.” I said.

Sherry nodded and pulled up the camera. She looked at it and gasped.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

She pointed to the screen. Her hand was shaking. I looked at what she was pointing at and saw a Golden Bunny animatronic. He was withered and creepy looking. It looked up to the camera suddenly. He knew we were watching. Then suddenly, the camera malfunctioned. When it regained stability, the Bunny was gone.

“What the heck?!” Sherry yelled.

Suddenly, a red light and alarm went off. I began to feel light headed. I looked at the camera. On one of the screens was what looked like Balloon Boy. I put the camera down and saw Balloon Boy standing in front of me. He shrieked and leaped towards me. Then he disappeared in a flash of white.

I immediately grabbed the system monitor and rebooted the ventilation.

I was breathing heavily as I calmed down from the hallucination. I turned and saw Sherry holding her head with both her hands. She was shaking in fear.

“This isn’t real, this isn’t real, this isn’t real!” She kept on repeating to herself.

I ran over and calmed her down.

“It’s ok, it was just a hallucination.” I said.

“Ok.” She said while nodding her head rapidly.

Then suddenly, we heard footsteps in the hallway. I looked up and saw the Golden Bunny standing in the window. He slowly began to walk toward the entrance to the room.

Sherry and I backed up towards the corner of the office.

The Bunny stood in the hallway. He tilted his head at us, as if thinking if he should kill us or not.

Then he suddenly sprinted towards me. His face was in front of mine. He grabbed me by the throat and lifted me into the air. He squeezed my throat slowly. I felt the air getting cut off to my lungs. I gasped for breath.

I then noticed Sherry coming up behind the Bunny with an old Foxy hook. She raised the hook slowly, her hand shaking a lot, and sliced the animatronic across the back.

It shrieked in pain and dropped me. It then sprinted out of the room. Sherry ran to my side to make sure I was ok. I coughed a lot and finally got air back into my lungs.

“Are you ok?!” Sherry asked frantically.

“Y-yeah. I’m fine.” I answered.

She sighed and sat down.

“I think that’s the last of him we’ll see tonight.”

I looked at my watch. It was almost six. Just a few minutes left.

I stood up and walked over to the camera. The Bunny was nowhere to be seen.

Finally, the bell went off for our shift to end. We quickly exited the building and went home.