Chapter 3: A Middle School Story.

A Middle School Student's Story

The school life of a girl who lived with vampires.
The school life of an ordinary human boy.
A bond formed by his childishness.

Timeline: Middle School, Third Year

It was April, the beginning of spring as well as a new year in school. Fuyuki sat at her seat, looking out of the window as she placed her head on her right hand. She sat right in the middle of the classroom, though she would have preferred the sides, but that didn't matter. Actually, everything didn't matter. Being the only one who managed to set free into the world for Middle School, she felt a bit left out and lonely because she lacked actual social interactions other from her family, the servants, her "master" and the people who would spar with her.

It was math class and the teacher was handing out the test papers and the unconcerned Fuyuki took hers, seeing the numbers 70 written in red on her paper. On her left, towards the window, a male classmate groaned in disappointment, earning a sharp warning from the old vixen, causing the rest of the class to laugh. The average was 60 and he clearly didn't make it.

After the slight commotion she turned her head back to the board where the teacher started announcing the class rankings for this test. As someone who didn't care about placings unlike a certain son of her boss, or so she heard, Fuyuki began to ponder over her last report . Did she finish it up properly? Reminding herself to organise the information she received from her latest client , the girl sighed.

She then felt a slight tap on her shoulder and she turned to see Rito Kouji, said seat-mate who was disappointed with his results. A clear 35 was seen on it and a hand quickly covered it up. Rito gave her a wide smile, one that was very familiar. It reminded her of Kou and his false pretences, causing the girl to cringe inside.

"Maeno-san, you're pretty amazing, huh. You got a 70!" He said, the grin still plastered on his face. "I could never pull that off."

The grey-headed classmate stared at her doofus seatmate. What did he mean by never? Her brothers fought hard for what they wanted and it was given. Be it jokes or not, she didn't like hearing such calls of failures when nothing had ever started. Fuyuki kept her stone-face while slightly cussing inside, a dark aura radiating from her. Rito shuddered at the feeling, looking into her plain grey eyes with a sudden immense interest. His face lighted up and he put his hands together as if he came up with a brilliant idea.

"I've got a favour to ask you. Would you be my tutor?" He asked whilst looking at the female beside him. Her face was as if she were drained of her soul, empty eyes that continued to stare at the blue-headed boy. I have not single word to him in my life and in a mere four sentences he has claimed that we are acquainted. Not only that. He's asking me for academic help? He's like Kou...but terrible at lying!

Two students sit in the library, face to face. Rito scratched his chunk of dark blue hair before slamming his face into the book, as he groaned in pain. His greyish-black haired partner silently stared at him with sleep-deprived eyes, as if she was awake for 2 days straight. Earlier their teacher had overheard his loud one-sided conversation and pushed the job to the poor 14 year-old student who hadn't spoke a word.

Rito had been acting like an idiot for the past one hour and Fuyuki was amazed at how he could keep up with such an obvious farce. Many others of her age wouldn't have noticed but that retarded grin on his face was a absolute give-away. She wanted to slap his face, which she hadn't done to Kou because he was her younger brother and she was to protect her family- no way would she would put a hand to that conceited idol's face.

A sakura petal landed on the pile of blue hair, and Fuyuki liked the contrast between the two colours. This was much more peaceful compared to everything else at home and it made her at ease. She reached out her hand to remove it from his head, only for him to grab onto in it suddenly. A dark shade of pink was tinted onto his face, brown eyes full of embarrassment.