Chapter 12: Sinner's Blood

Sinner's Blood

If you would like to cut me,

Let me cut you too.

...

An image. Faded away, not as clear as it should be. The scene was playing like an old film. A young boy in a garden. His face couldn't be seen but he held a small knife in his hand. His hair...black, quite messy. And he was standing in a field of white roses.

There was the sound of skin being cut, but the images became more blurry. Only when a single rose was bloodied red that it went back to it's previous clarity. Still blur, though. His blank face turned towards her. The boy topped his head with a red beret, walking towards her. She couldn't move.

"..."

"-ma's -n-fe"

His voice was choppy and indistinguishable.

"-rp and sl-k"

She was getting scared of him.

"Y- too"

What was he saying? Will he stab her? It may be a nightmare...but it's still terrifying.

"You'll stab yourself too."

...

Yui's eyes snapped open. Dreams weren't the best for her since she started living in this mansion. Her body had broken out in cold sweat, her mind still lingering back to the faceless boy she had seen. She felt as if she passed by someone similar before.

"Mmm...?Chichinashi, what are you doing? Don't move away..."

"Huh?"

At first, she was a bit confused about why Ayato was using her as a body pillow. She looked around her room, trying to remember what happened. A weird smell was in the air. Their clothes were on the floor...

And then it hit her.

Looking back at Ayato, he was shirtless. Yui herself wasn't decently dressed and small kiss and bite marks littered her body. Even though they had "done the deed" a few times, she was still embarrassed everytime she saw the aftermath.

"Stop looking around, idiot." Ayato grumbled, sitting up to see that she seemed quite pale. "Oi, you're sweating. Did you see a nightmare?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Hmph. Be reminded that ore-sama is still beside you, so there is no need to fear." He announced, before softly pecking his lips against hers. "I command you to go back to sleep."

"Hehe. Okay."

She felt safe after that. Ayato was rather violent and complacent, but his childishness made him cute at times. Also, he'd comfort her in so many ways...it was nice to see him act that way.

But there was another thing she didn't get. That dream was something that she needed to remember, for it may be her only hope when some things happen.

..

That mysterious woman in the garden he trespassed could be a threat to his life. The more weaker she got physically, the more menacing and creepy she became mentally. He'd seen her before, without the vampire injures.

The more you hurt her, the more desperate she'll become. And when that woman was desperate, it was as if she tried to steal books of people's lives, using them for her beloved vampire hunter. Although on the surface, she seemed as if she were a determined informant, in Subaru's eyes, he saw something else.

A mindless doll who lived to ruin lives. It was long ago that her feelings were bitten off her. In the most literal manner.

Even before her legs were disabled.

Subaru could place a bet that Terumi had given up her legs to a vampire on purpose for the sake of the valuable information she could obtain. And for such obscure information, like his private life, she'd got those extra bites.

Not only her legs. There were a few more recent bites on her neck that mixed up the scent she was pointing out to. He had to be directly on her neck to snuff out whoever it was. And that lady just smelled horrible with all sorts of different people sinking their teeth into her skin. What's worse- she didn't care.

And to be honest, he didn't want to do anything for this creepy woman. Not only that, touching his two brother's friend and rival would probably bring him bad three of his brothers actually, if pestering and mocking each other everyday was considered friendship.

He just hoped that if that Maeno Fuyuki girl would kill the vampire hunter, she should kill this handicapped informant as well.

...

"Bitch-chan, when do I get to meet your friend?" Raito whined for the third time. He just wanted to see if he could mess with that stone faced girl; to make her show a wonderful expression. Yui could only sigh at his pestering. She also felt bad for him- because he'd become a victim to the troll.

"Shut up, Raito! You're so noisy!" Ayato was getting pissed off by the noise. It was ridiculous that someone would grow interested in "Weirdoyuki"- she ruined his 'peaceful days' of class. For example: she almost made him bald, almost kicked him off the roof, managed to steal Yui away from him and all sorts of things.

Worst person on Earth. At least one of them.

"Raito, stop disturbing our ride." Reiji pushed up his glasses as he coughed. "Save this for once we leave this car."

"Tchhhh, mood spoiler."

"Why are you so interested to know her?" Yui knew parts to his answer, but didn't understand why he'd want to meet her so badly.

"Because I'm bored! Unless you want me to steal you from Ayato? I'd be more than pleased~"

"Don't even think about touching her." Ayato growled from the side.

Raito chuckled at how his younger brother was much more protective of her after the problem was solved. Maybe Yui could have been handed over to him if the other red head screwed up, but that didn't happen after all. It was a significant development for both of them, but can Ayato keep up with this? Raito doubted it.

He just needed to sit back and watch it all unfold.

...

one needs some dosage of romance every few chapters or so. Even I do.

Sorry for the slow posting + my writing getting sloppier. I'm quite busy at the moment. 

Thank You for Reading!

R&R ApppreEEEcciIIIAAAted!