Chapter 11: New Calibre

New Calibre

Time flows endlessly.

New things unfold.

...

Maybe it was difficult to make such choices. Choices that may make the one you love scream and weep, though it was for the best. Or take the path that will satisfy them, but break you down slowly as you are the only one who can see your doomed fate either way. That was Sasaki Koujirou's predicament. Although he would have chose the former option a few minutes ago, that radiating smile that he saw, one that he was going to destroy, made him stop and think. Was it worth it to make her saddened because he wanted the demon dead, for the sake of his own revenge? His enemy was his favourite mercenary as well; even he would be disappointed with her death. What Koujirou failed to realise was that Terumi's main concern was the high possibility of his death. Alone in his messy room, the vampire hunter continued to ponder over his choices for the night. He still had a bit of time to continue thinking.

Her back. It burns. The sun didn't need to peel off her skin for her to feel the fiery pain. Groans of pain and fidgety noises were made in the room, illuminated by purely the full moon. Old wounds, to be precise, four bullet scars that were embedded deeply into her skin felt the worst; her current self fluctuated from the past to the present with the memories that flooded her almost too suddenly.

"AuuGGGhhHHh...aaaaUUUGHhhHHh..."

Her moans dragged out horrendously, as if she were the living dead. In the presence of her panicked brothers who scrambled around the mansion to assist her, Ruki stayed by her side. This was the worst night of all. In no way in the past did she writhe in so much pain, nor did her eye colour fade in from greyish-blue to a shining amber. Right now, she was absolutely concentrated with power. One wrong move and everyone in the vicinity- no, everything in the vicinity would be obliterated, like a nuclear explosion. That included the destruction of her body as well.

"Shit! Where are the suppressants?" Yuma had arrived at his sister's small room, alongside Azusa.

"It should be on her desk."

In a rush, they scrambled towards her table for the familiar syringe. Their eyes settled upon the item, filled with a clear red liquid. Azusa noted that they never paid much attention to what she was injecting into herself.

"It looks like blood, but the smell is weird." The meek brother stated. Yuma merely nodded as he pulled him along towards the door, with no time to waste.

...

Meanwhile, Kou was in his own room, smiling sheepishly while he held onto his phone. He placed it a slight bit away from his ear when he heard a voice rumble in confusion. Kou responded with a half-hearted laugh.

"C'mon, I just need you to make it. You've got the ingredients and recipe, you just need to make it!"

"I can, but I really need to know what you need it for." The man on the phone huffed. "Since you're giving it to a person, shouldn't it be toned down? Maybe if you'd-"

"No can do! It's a secreeeeet!" Kou interrupted quickly, getting annoyed at how long the conversation was taking. Time was ticking.

"Haaah... fine. Listen, you better pay up. If anything goes wrong, tell me. And all responsibility is on you." The voice sighed in defeat.

"Thank you Reiji-kun! Seriously!" His eyes shot up in relief to hear the results. "Make it quick, like right now okay? We need it right now. "