Chapter 12

Noon wakes up to see Miranda next to her. Relief shot through her and she actually started to think that she was dead.

“Miranda?”

“Oh my god, noon! I would hug you but I’m tied up here, I missed you so much.”

“Same here me and jace-I mean I’ve been looking all over for you.” It seemed noon didn’t hide her hesitation well because Miranda asked:

“Noon, have you and jace fought?”

“Its Jason, Miranda, not jace and -,”she paused, she wanted to tell her the truth but with what she’s been through she couldn’t burden her with this, “no of course not we’re good friends like were before.”

“Good that gives me one less thing to worry about.”

“I though you don’t worry about anything.”

“That was until this ‘adventure’ actually became reality and thinking about my last words before I die.” Noon gasped, she was too young for death and so was Miranda (and Jason). They had to get out of this place. Then, one of the dark skinned people came up to us to hold up 5 fingers before returning to his group to continue circling around noon and her friends chanting gibberish.

“Why did he do that?” noon asked.

“He’s been doing that all day today, I think they’re counting down the hours.”

“Till what?” but noon already knew the answer to that that’s why she shushed Miranda before she could answer because then that would make it a reality.

Death.

It’s not a topic many 16 year olds like to discuss but it might one her, Miranda and Jason will have to face. A voice next to noon spoke:

“Oh noon, you’re awake,” Jason said.

“yeah.” There was silence as Miranda looked at both of them and Miranda gave them ‘just kiss and make up’ look but at the same time and angry look.

“I’m sorry, “they both said. And they really were; for leaving each other, for saying all those mean things to each to her etc. plus, they didn’t want to die hating each other.

“I’m sorry for dragging you both down here in the first place but I don’t regret it, if I wanted to die id want it to be with 2 people I love the most, “Jason said. Noon blushed tremendously at that and as usual Miranda always had a sarky comment.

“please save us all that cheesy crap, I don’t want to die having someone declare their love to me, what’s the point?” however even Miranda couldn’t hide how happy she was that Jason loved her because noon could see the tears roll down her eyes; not as much as noon’s though.

“I didn’t mean to make you 2 cry,” Jason said as his eyes welled up too.

“Well, it’s too late to apologise now,” Miranda said.

“What she means to say is thank you its makes me really happy to know that,” noon replied. Jason laughed. Noon wanted to make him laugh more if by a miracle they survive this.

"i knew she meant that anyways goodnight guys I want to die sleeping,” Jason said.

“I want to die sticking my tongue out at my murderer,” Miranda said.

“I want to die peacefully,” noon said.

Jason indeed spent the next 5-6 hours sleeping but when he awoke he realised he could open his eyes and right in front of him was noon with a light dark skinned guy looking intently at noon. Before he drifted back to sleep he heard the man say:

“My daughter…”

hi guys,thanks for reading.please comment and vote and ill see you next week for another chapter