Chapter 4

Jason was late for school today. Sir always told him that being late for school was just like being late for education but Jason didn’t care what sir said or says anymore, not after what he did to his mum. He went into English and the first thing he noticed was noon’s smile but he didn’t feel like smiling. He sat down where he’s supposed to and dint contribute or open his mouth for the whole class. At the end of class, noon tried to talk to him but he ignored her bluntly.

 “Hello Jason, I realised that you were late for school today, is everything alright?” he looked at her for a minute, and he saw her concerned face and he wanted to say thank you for your concern but it’s nothing dramatic but instead he said:

 “please noon I don’t want to talk to anyone especially the opposite sex right know I don’t want to be a troublemaker so I think you should just leave me alone for now on.” Noon’s face immediately changed to a frown. She looked at him, a tear fell from her eye and then she slapped him. Jason had never seen her so upset. And if that wasn’t bad enough Miranda walked towards him to say:

 “You hurt my friend so I’m going to hurt you, expect it.” I looked as noon walked away tears in my eyes.

 I walked away too.

 From every one, I ran out of school, I ran from home, I ran from everywhere.

 It was the end of the school day and noon still hadn’t had sight of Jason fields. The boy noon had a crush and the boy who broke hear heart. Noon had never had her heart broken before but it felt worse than pain. It was so bad that she could just get up and run from school but then she thinks about all the people she’ll leave behind.

 I hope he hasn’t done anything stupid

 But why did she care? He’s just got her heart thrown it across the classroom and broke it into millions of tiny pieces. Suddenly, she had this bad feeling that he didn’t think about the people he’ll leave behind …. He might have done what noon didn’t want to do run away from his problems.

 I wish Miranda was here.well she is here but just in a different class. I know what I’ll do ill just talk to her after class, maybe she can help me.

 “Miranda, do you think Jason has run away?” before Miranda could answer a teacher walked by and said

 “That’s Mr Fields to you, miss smart and I don’t want to hear any foolish suggestions on Mr Fields case, do you understand, miss smart?”

 “Yes sir.” When Noon and Miranda had got outside of school, Miranda replied unexpectedly.

 “You know I think you might be right, it’s the only thing that makes sense because his parents don’t know where he is.well, what would you do in Jason’s shoes?”

 “Run away to where no one would dare go...”

 “The haunted woods!” they said at the same time.

 “Let’s go look for him, noon, let’s be adventurers.”

 “Oh Miranda I couldn’t mother would never forgive me, how will we survive, and mother always says how it’s not ladylike for girls not to do what they’re told…”

 “noon, for once in your life stop listening to what everyone else is telling you to do and follow your heart…actually follow your instinct cause your heart is broken  so I don’t think its capable of making a big decision.” Noon laughed at Miranda. She could always count on Miranda to shed the light in darkness. Noon hugged her.

 “Noon, you know I hate hugs and plus we need to hurry.”

 Jason’s watch said 10 minutes 5, that means that he’s been walking for 2 hours or rather running for 30 minutes and walking for 1 hour and a half.

 Should I go back? It’s not safe out here.

 He couldn’t, there’s nothing left for him there.

 This was his life now.