Chapter 6 - R.R.&R. (Rest, Recuperation, & Revelations)

(Secluded farmland, somewhere in rural Missouri, USA)

A short while later, the quinjet landed, and the team stepped off, walking up a small dirt path up to a small white farmhouse. Everyone except Clint and Natasha looked around at the 'safehouse', as he'd called it, in confusion, wondering what this place was.

"What is this place?", Thor asked, to which Darren responded. "Safehouse, apparently." They walked up to the front door, all entering behind Clint, and quietly stepped inside. "Let's hope.", he replied as he opened the door.

"Honey? I'm home.", Clint called out as they entered, right before a woman came from another room in the house. "Hi... Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead...", he said, bringing her into a hug. "This is an agent of some kind", Tony said quietly, leaning to the side towards the others.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura.", Clint introduced her to the rest of the team. "I know all your names.", Laura added on, giving a soft, awkward chuckle and wave to all of them, which Tony and Darren returned.

The lengthened silence was cut by the sound of rapid footsteps. "Oh, incoming.", Clint said, turning towards the doorway, where his two children, Cooper and Lila ran out and gave him a tight hug. "I suppose these are also agents, huh Stark?", Darren quietly joked, leaning towards Tony, who gave a slight shrug. "I mean, smaller ones maybe...", he replied, as Natasha tightly embraced Lila.

"Sorry for barging in on you like this.", Steve said. "Yeah, we would've called ahead, but we were busy having no idea you existed.", Tony agreed.

"Yeah, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. It's completely off SHIELD's records. I'd like to keep it that way.", Clint explained. "I figure it's a good place to lay low for a bit."

Natasha walked up to Laura, who was pregnant, and placed her hands on her baby bump. "How's little Natasha?", Nat asked with a smile on her face. "Well, she's... Nathaniel.", Laura replied with an apologetic look on her face.

Nat's smile dropped, and she lowered to the baby's level. "Traitor...", she whispered. Darren, who happened to be standing nearby, patted her reassuringly on the shoulder. "Can't win 'em all, Romanoff. Maybe you can have the next one.", he said with a teasing smirk on his face.

After a brief impromptu staring contest with Lila, Thor seemed to have some kind of flash of his vision from before, and headed from the house's front door.

"Thor.", Steve said, following him out in front of the house. "I saw something in that dream. I need answers, and I won't find them here.", the god replied, before spinning his hammer, and flying off.

A little while later, everyone got changed out of their costumes, and did what they could to clean themselves up somewhat, and were now in more casual clothes, and doing what they could to kill time.

Darren walked up the steps, and got to the door of the spare bedroom, and walked in, immediately stopping when he saw Nat and Bruce standing very close together. "Oh, sh-... Sorry, just left my button-down in here. I'm going back down to help Tony and Steve, carry on.", he said with a wink, seeing what had appeared to be going on between the two, after grabbing said shirt off the armchair inside the door.

He then walked out to join the other two, who were assisting in cutting firewood. "Thor tell you where he was going?", Tony asked him as Darren walked up and picked up another ax. "Sometimes my teammates don't tell me things.", Steve said, looking over to Clint working with his son, then briefly at Darren. "Was kind of hoping Thor would be the exception."

"Yeah, give him time.", Tony responded, "We don't know what the Maximoff kid showed him. Or anyone she got to." With the last part, he also glanced in the younger Avenger's direction.