000.

Ch

Ch. 000 —

[Prologue.]

Beomgyu knew the second the first petal — one from a white rose — fell from his soft painted lips, he was done for. You just had to have roses as your favorite flower, didn't you? But of course he already knew that, he knew everything about him.

Beomgyu has always been the curious type, so this disease isn't unknown to him. Hanahaki Disease. It's something out of a book, something you discover through the endless flipping of pages, something that shouldn't be real. But it is, and he's experiencing it right now. Hanahaki Disease is rare to experience and even considered a curse by some.

His family and friends always told him it was okay to be scared, but at this moment he can't feel an ounce of fear. It's like he expected this to happen — or maybe he just wanted to be brave for once. Though he wonders, why me of all people?

From this alone, Beomgyu knows he's already died. Because with the way his feelings have blossomed for over a year, it would take an eternity for them to wither away just like that. He's doomed...but maybe he's already accepted it.

It's not like he has any other choice — there's no way he will get the surgery. Because he wants to remember him for the rest of his life, even if his life is already set to reach its end soon.

Death is inevitable anyways, and unfortunately for some it comes quicker than others.

If only you could just love me back so I could live fully again.

Blood Painted Flowers — yeongyu.