001.

Ch

Ch. 001 —

[Beomgyu.]

It's been one week. One week since my pain started. It makes me wonder if I should be mad at you for not loving me back, but there's no way I could ever be upset with you.

I thought we had something. Those nights we would talk until the sun started to peak over the horizon. Those walks we would take at dusk around the peaceful neighborhoods. Anything that happened with you, it made me feel happy. It made me feel loved.

Obviously that's not true. Did you ever feel the same?

I assume not, since you haven't spoken to me in about a month. You haven't spoken to any of our friends for that matter. It's like you just moved on, and we all accepted that. You weren't even here for that long; a couple years at best — was that all you wanted from us? From me?

Kai asked me why I ran out in the middle of class earlier today. I wasn't sure what to say. "Oh, it's just these flowers growing out of my throat, choking me to death slowly. Yeah, it's so fun. I recommend. Ten out of ten."

...I hate it.

That would have been a reasonable explanation, though one I couldn't get out. What I ended up saying was, "I just felt sick, but I'm okay now."

"Are you sure, hyung?" Kai frowned.

And all I could do was smile and nod. Because out of the corner of my eyes I saw you — and all you could see was him. The guy you picked over me. But I guess there never really was a choice to begin with.

Oh, what I'd give for you to look at me like that...

But I know it will never happen, as I will be dead before I could ever even hope to experience it.

Now tell me, how do I stop loving you, Kang Taehyun?

Blood Painted Flowers — yeongyu.