004.

Ch

Ch. 004 —

[Beomgyu.]

The next morning before class Soobin gives me a chocolate filled pastry; one from his parents bakery. It's my favorite one.

He said he noticed me looking down lately and thought it'd cheer me up. I smile at the taller and let the chocolate soothe my sore throat. Chocolate always made everything better.

Soobin bids me goodbye a few minutes later to make his way to class. I actually feel content for once. I just hope it stays this way.

I never really dawned on the fact that I will only live for another few months max, maybe even less. Am I selfish for keeping this to myself, after all? I thought it would be better for no one else to know, but I never expected to feel this lonely in the end.

I enter the school library after my final class of the day, searching for a certain someone. Yeonjun and I planned to walk home together and his last class had taken place here. The second I make eye contact with the older, he gives me a bright smile. It makes me feel warm, comforted even. I haven't felt this way in a while, so thank you. At least, that's what I should tell him.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

I smile and nod, and for once it doesn't feel forced.

We head downstairs to the main floor of the school. However, just as we're about to reach the exit, I spot Kang Taehyun out of all people. And of course he's with him. It's always him and never me, but then again it was never really me in the first place.

I avert my gaze. I don't even want to look at him anymore.

He's the one who made me like this. I don't deserve him but I also don't deserve this pain. Can't you just let me live?

But of course you can't.

Blood Painted Flowers — yeongyu.