11

[Ayana]

"The long wait is over, trainees. These five girls that I will announce may step forward," the whole room's speaker echoed.

It's like all the nervousness I felt before suddenly came back. I could also feel Shen eonni's hand tightened as she held my hand. We dream of making our debut at the same time but if we get lucky sooner, we will still support each other.

The whole room was quiet. I know it is very impossible to get into the final line up if you are from another country because what you have learned is different from what the Korean trainees have learned. You can see how powerful they are on stage while performing. They have power, charisma, and talent.

"The first to fulfill her dream is ..." the tension was felt throughout the room, "... Lee Heenim, congratulations!"

We all clapped our hands as the girl went in front of the crowds crying. I know her, when we introduced ourselves earlier I knew that she was trained for three years now. She deserves to debut.

Her speech lasted for five minutes. Due to so much crying she wasn't able to deliver her speech properly. But one thing she said got me interested.

"Uh, Hee oppa and Beom oppa, I got in!" She cheered enthusiastically.

She's friends with TXT's Beomgyu and ENHYPEN's Heeseung is her brother. But Heeseung doesn't have a sister.

Aish, stop thinking about other businesses, Ayana!

The tension returned when the staff came to the front again.

I can’t explain how I feel at these times when I hear that from the Philippines the next one will be called. There are only five of us trainees from the Philippines so I feel a lot more nervous than before.

"It's you, Aya. You're finally debuting," I heard Sera eonni whisper.

I don’t want my expectations to rise because I might just regret it too. Five of us will be fine. Everything was performing well earlier so we weren’t sure which one of us actually got in.

"Congratulations…" the announcer stopped for a moment before saying, "Ayana Cashiell Lim from Philippine trainees,"

I feel like my world just stopped spinning. Everything I saw, I heard was just a hallucination of mine. I can clearly hear my eonni's cheering beside me as my tears flow continuously down through my cheeks.

This is not a dream, right?

I came here to Korea with nothing but hopes.

I went in front of them again, but not as a trainee anymore. I'll be debuting. I can finally check out the "dream" from my goals.

"Ah, hello. Oh my gosh, I can't find a word to explain how I feel right now. It's just so unexpected for me. Before going here to Korea, I visualized myself training everyday like for years. I've never expected my debut to be this early, but anyway I'm not complaining," all of them chuckled.

"Oh, and I want to thank my friends who support me. I hope we can all debut together. And for someone who isn't her right now, you owe me an explanation and a congratulation, boy," I finished my speech and walked beside Heenim eonni.

She congratulated me and vice versa. Three more girls were announced and I'm glad Nami eonni is one of them. I'm just devastated when Shen eonni and Sera eonni did not make it but I know they will not give up. Especially that the remaining girl trainees will enter I-Land season 2 next year.

•••

: : Hello, everyone! Sorry for the inconvenience. It's been days the last time I updated.

: : May I request something for all of you? Please drop your thoughts and suggestions through comment section. That's a big motivation for me! Thank you!

- aesa