Ch 6

Miranda finally went back to work and though she was feeling better life was still very stressful worrying about Covid and protecting her family. When she got home that night Ben was already asleep and Miranda smiled because the love of her life had definitely been putting in overtime. Not just on his job but Ben worked hard to make sure each member of their family felt comfortable during this crazy time in the world.

Miranda quickly took a shower and put lotion on her body before getting into bed. She scooted close to Ben and put her arm up under his arm as she rubbed his chest and kissed his neck.

Ben groaned as he woke up a little, "Miranda," he said in a sleepy voice as he leaned back against her and she held him and continued to kiss him.

"If you just give me 20 more minutes to sleep we can make love, I'm just super tired," Ben said going in and out of sleep.

"No Ben we don't have to make love baby, I just wanted to hold and kiss you because I missed you. I know you've been working hard so get all of your rest," Miranda said as she continued to rub his chest and nibble softly at his ear. Ben reached back to grab her thigh and readjusted his head against her breast and fell back to sleep.

When Miranda woke up at 6am, Ben had turned over and was laying with his arm draped over her waist and his face on her chest. She smiled and rubbed his head. She felt a burst of appreciation and love for her husband that she shed a tear because she loves him so much.

She kissed his forehead causing him to wake up and he kissed her breast before laying his head back down.

"Hmmm good morning," Ben said stretching and holding Miranda tighter.

"Good morning handsome, I want to cater to you today because you are amazing and always have been. But in the mist of all that is going on you have held this family together with a smile on your face. So I want to do something special and romantic today, quarantine style and whatever else you want to do," Miranda said before kissing his lips.

Ben just took a moment and stared at his wife and he was so thankful. He reciprocated her kiss with a passionate one of his own that made her moan. They made love for an hour before they got up and went into the kitchen and Miranda began making breakfast.

Ben tried to help her make breakfast but she insisted on him sitting down at the island and just watch her. They kept giving each sweet glances as she prepared the food. Soon breakfast was done and Miranda made a plate, walked over and stood between his legs as he held her waist and she feed him his food. Minutes later they heard stomping coming down the stairs and Tuck and Joey appeared.

"Yes breakfast! I'm so hungry," Joey said smiling.

"Me too, thanks for the breakfast mom," Tuck said as they grabbed plastic containers out of the cabinet and putting the breakfast in them and headed towards the door with their book bags on.

"Ummm where are you boys going? And with my Tupperware?" Miranda asked amused at how quickly they were moving.

"Auntie Roz is taking us on a adventure for the day, probably hiking or something," Tuck said before they hurried out the door.

Miranda followed them to the door and saw Roz wave from the car as she backed out of their driveway. "They didn't even say goodbye or say I love you," Miranda complained.

Ben came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, "well they meant well and you know they love us," he said kissing her forehead.

William came down the hallway to see his son in law hugging his wife from behind and his heart jumped thinking about how he and Elena use to be, but he smiled knowing that his daughter was experiencing the love that he had for so many years.