Part 7

WAIT WHAT HAPPENED?!

WHERE WERE MY PAPERS?

Oh no. Puan Halimah already collected the papers but I haven't wrote anything the last page! What should I do?!

Everyone's handed in their papers. They looked so relaxed, why?!

"Ikha! Ikha...!" I half-whispered to Ikha. "Did you manage to fill in everything?"

"I did, what's wrong? I saw you slept like a log so I thought you've done yours."

THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

"How long did I slept for?"

"About 20 minutes."

I HAVE WASTED 20 MINUTES OF MY LIFE SLEEPING RATHER THAN ANSWERING THE LAST PAGE OF HISTORY TEST.

I hung my head low. "It will totally flop my marks."

The rest of the week wasn't that fine either. I messed up most of the papers since I studied at the last minute. Excluding English and Islamic Studies, my marks would probably get lower than B. I couldn't cry even if I want to! Ikha told me there was no use of crying over spilt milk, but I must admit I regretted my past actions.

Holding tight to my iPad, I pressed the Home button, hoping I'd cheer up after watching a few videos on MyTube.

OH! THAT WAS AMAZING.

I managed to watch a series of High School Mystery Club when the teacher declared that exam week was over. I'm finally free from the shackles of examination now!

"You look energetic," said Ikha. "You can focus on your programming competition now, can't you?"

"You're right! I'll be a bit busy, but nothing's impossible in this world." I grinned from ear to ear.

"Amber!" Enisha came running towards me with her iPad in hand. "Cool Kids are having a comeback!" She shrieked.

"Shhhhh!" The whole class turned their gazes towards us. I gulped.

"Sorry..sorry.." Enisha bowed a few times. From the looks of it, she wasn't so genuine about apologising since there was a bigger fish in her mind.

"Let's watch the teaser! The title of the new album will be 'Noisy'. How cool is that?!" Her eyes gleamed with excitement. It was normal for a K-Pop fan like her. There's a bigger problem for me right now.

I am a huge Cool Kids lover. I would get distracted by this news.

I bit my lips. "Why now... there's no way I can concentrate on my programming competition, Nisha!"

Enisha raised an eyebrow. "Well, good luck then." She skipped back to her seat. Ugh, how cocky.

I knew I could do this. I could surely restrain myself.

Fine, I admit.

I was a human who could fell for my own tricks and pleasure. Surely the demon could be laughing at me right now. I have betrayed myself by paying less attention towards my project but I even played Bintendo Switch and Jenshin Impact on my computer. This was all caused by Ayra. She was the one who asked me to play with her.

Ayra told me Alya wanted to watch her favourite cartoon show and as the responsible eldest sister, I had to drag my feet towards her room and played with her for two hours. She had class the next day, so I had to stop play with her. I was only trying to be nice.

So much for being nice, Sir Anwar asked for an update about my project the next day. He said to do it leisurely and just casually update him. I stared at my computer screen for 10 minutes straight. An almost blank page with a few algorithms and equations which only make two movements of a component in my project.

Thank heavens we were having the week off so I could spend the remaining time left on my computer to keep programming. I should just have my body glued to this chair to make sure I wouldn't go anywhere.

I remembered that feeling when Azalea boasted about her getting Gold award for her Research and Development project on an environmental topic. She waltzed around the class, holding her trophy and the certificate she received from the Minister of Education. She even sashayed when she passed next to my seat. My mood went downhill the whole day after that and I was so grumpy.

She was boasting as if no one else had ever met the Minister of Education of this country. True that she deserved it due to that she was really good at giving speech and presenting her project. I was jealous, until now. So I really had to push myself to my limits for this project.

Azalea was also the school's athlete in 400m relay race. She was truly the school's ace, not to lie.

I envied her. A lot. Enough to make my head explode.

Everyone knew her. From an ordinary high school student to an elite student in a boarding school would recognise the name Azalea Dato' Hatta.

Who would ever recognise a computer nerd like me? I almost lost my sanity by burning the midnight oil to re-design my project.