Chapter 5: Start the End

March had arrived and the class currently had their backs glued against the same wall of the classroom doors, attempting to be as quiet as possible as they clutched onto their party poppers, ready to release them at any second. Some were whispering in excitement while others tried to shush them, only sounding louder than all of the other noises combined.

Katsumi double-checked the decorations in the class, making sure the tissue paper flowers that surrounded the elaborately written "Chisa-sensei!! Welcome Back!!!" message on the chalkboard were properly secured.

Chiaki had told the class a few days ago about what she heard from Koichi. Since the new school year was starting soon, they were getting their new homeroom teacher early, as he had gotten moved to focus on scouting. Said new homeroom teacher was none other than Chisa, which meant she was finally coming back. Everyone was more hyper than ever to contribute to setting up the party. Teruteru even overdid it with the dishes and it was Chiaki's idea to try out the tissue paper flower idea, which turned out fantastic.

Everybody suddenly started to go crazy when they heard the increasing volume of footsteps from outside. Miraculously, everyone managed to shut up in the end. Katsumi ended up holding in her breath in anticipation.

The door finally slid open, with an instantly recognizable voice. "Everyone! I'm bac—"

Chisa was interrupted by the sudden noises of party poppers getting released and confetti flying into the air.

Katsumi sighed a little. More cleaning...

The class rushed out of their hiding spots. "Welcome back, Sensei!"

Chisa marvelled at the scene in front of her, admiring all the work they went through to decorate the classroom.

Chiaki smiled warmly. "Sensei..."

Sonia put her hands together happily. "Sensei!"

Mikan peered from behind Ibuki's shoulder. "Y-Yukizome-sens—"

"Chisa-sensei!" Ibuki shouted, scaring Mikan a little.

Kazuichi clenched his fists in pure joy. "Yeah, Sensei!"

"It's been so long!" Mahiru beamed, holding up her camera. "Have you been well?"

"Y-Yes..." Chisa responded, seeming a little more reserved than usual.

"Why sho flushtered?" Akane was already munching through the food. "Got a stomachache?"

"Aren't you glad to be back with Ibuki and friends?" Ibuki's eyes drooped and teared up melodramatically. "Was she the only one who wanted us to meet again?"

Chisa put her hands out. "N-No, it's just, uh..." She looked especially happy. "You were all waiting for me to come back."

Peko smiled faintly, looking to her side. "Nanami planned this party."

"Nanami-san, thank you!" Chisa blinked back a few tears.

"I just happened to hear about it from Kizakura-sensei," Nanami tried explaining, pink forming on her cheeks.

"Mm... Don't be so modest." Nekomaru crossed his arms. "You've brought us all together this past year. As the Super High School-Level Manager, YOU GET MY SEAL OF APPROVAL!!"